• The KillerFrogs

It hurts so bad

Can we get buses and take them to Betos house and all the other liberals politicians and journalists homes and send them in to live there permanently. I mean they want open borders and unlimited immigration so they can take care of all of them. If they can’t for help them set up homeless camps on their multimillion dollar estates. If they calm the police to remove the squatters what a perfect ad for those scheissing hypocrites! God dam lying commie [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ]!

VA Froggie

Oh yeah. I am hurting and may never recover

A few days ago I read an article, the FWST about their editorial boards endorsement of a candidate and commented how that editorial board would have endorsed Karl Marx.

The comment has been removed and I apparently I have been banned as I am denied access to login.

So they can have their opinions but if mine, or others aren't in lockstep with them, you're out.

Man it hurts.
Use an alias, that ought to get them.

Deep Purple

I will repeat, the term snowflakes is not just for the left anymore and this topic proves it. Mommy, the are not letting me play like I used too and I want to take my ball and go home!! Bunch of babies that a viewpoint that was in vogue in the past is changing. Get used to it men
What you describe is not snowflake behavior. You are painting way too broadly, but a lot of people already do that with overused labels like racist and homophobe.

A snowflake is someone who can’t tolerate hearing opposing views, even if they are free to respond on an equivalent basis. Snowflakes don’t want equivalent opportunity. They simply want to shut down the other side completely and end all debate. They want their voice to be the only one heard.

Nobody in this thread has argued for that, hence, no snowflakes.

If you’re going to start throwing labels around, at least use them in a context where it actually applies. Not in a situation where you’re misapplying it to shut down opponents and justify politically motivated censorship.

YA

What you describe is not snowflake behavior. You are painting way too broadly, but a lot of people already do that with overused labels like racist and homophobe.

A snowflake is someone who can’t tolerate hearing opposing views, even if they are free to respond on an equivalent basis. Snowflakes don’t want equivalent opportunity. They simply want to shut down the other side completely and end all debate. They want their voice to be the only one heard.

Nobody in this thread has argued for that, hence, no snowflakes.

If you’re going to start throwing labels around, at least use them in a context where it actually applies. Not in a situation where you’re misapplying it to shut down opponents and justify politically motivated censorship.
Calling up a newspaper to complain about a endorsement is , as you say, "A snowflake is someone who can’t tolerate hearing opposing views" is a snowflake move.

Dogfrog

Calling up a newspaper to complain about a endorsement is , as you say, "A snowflake is someone who can’t tolerate hearing opposing views" is a snowflake move.

Pretty sure the poster said the phone call was related to a letter posting policy, not an opposing view. Just an equal access thing per the paper’s own policy.

YA

Pretty sure the poster said the phone call was related to a letter posting policy, not an opposing view. Just an equal access thing per the paper’s own policy.
which goes with deeps definition, "A snowflake is someone who can’t tolerate hearing opposing views" and calls to complain about how unfair it is that others are getting perceived special treatment and not their side

Dogfrog

which goes with deeps definition, "A snowflake is someone who can’t tolerate hearing opposing views" and calls to complain about how unfair it is that others are getting perceived special treatment and not their side

No, you said “calling up a newspaper to complain about an endorsement...” Now you are commenting on a Deep comment, not the comment of the individual who actually called the paper. You know, it’s like when you review a contract you have to actually read it.

Zubaz

No, you said “calling up a newspaper to complain about an endorsement...” Now you are commenting on a Deep comment, not the comment of the individual who actually called the paper. You know, it’s like when you review a contract you have to actually read it.
giphy.gif

Latest posts