• The KillerFrogs

Robinson to have surgery

LoneStarFrog

So we’re 3-4 and down our starting QB, our future NFL DT and S, our best OL, our most dynamic offensive player, and our leader in the secondary (Niko). Our very talented RB never gets the ball. Our offensive play calling is suspect. Our kicking game is struggling. Our fans are angry as hell........ so I’m just gonna assume we’re about to win 5 in a row.
So we’re 3-4 and down our starting QB, our future NFL DT and S, our best OL, our most dynamic offensive player, and our leader in the secondary (Niko). Our very talented RB never gets the ball. Our offensive play calling is suspect. Our kicking game is struggling. Our fans are angry as hell........ so I’m just gonna assume we’re about to win 5 in a row.

Yep. That about sums it up.

tcumaniac

I feel bad for Shawn, but I’m pretty excited for Mike Collins. The kid gave up a free Ivy League education, and a guaranteed starting role for what was likely the rest of his career for a small shot at big time college football. There were a lot of schools that would have taken him where he had a much clearer path to being a starter, but he chose TCU despite the likely competition bc he was bought into TCU, had confidence in his ability, and wasn’t going to let any amount of competition scare him away from choosing the school and football program he was most impressed with.

I hope Robinson heals up and gets to compete for the starting role next fall, but I’m also really, really excited to see what Collins is capable of when he gets to take first team reps in practice and prepare as the starter.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

I feel bad for Shawn, but I’m pretty excited for Mike Collins. The kid gave up a free Ivy League education, and a guaranteed starting role for what was likely the rest of his career for a small shot at big time college football. There were a lot of schools that would have taken him where he had a much clearer path to being a starter, but he chose TCU despite the likely competition bc he was bought into TCU, had confidence in his ability, and wasn’t going to let any amount of competition scare him away from choosing the school and football program he was most impressed with.

I hope Robison heals up and gets to compete for the starting role next fall, but I’m also really, really excited to see what Collins is capable of when he gets to take first team reps in practice and prepare as the starter.

Well said.

frogs9497

I hope Robison heals up and gets to compete for the starting role next fall, but I’m also really, really excited to see what Collins is capable of when he gets to take first team reps in practice and prepare as the starter.

I too look forward to seeing what MC can do. I just keep thinking about that image of his throwing hand.

kidkarr

Well, maybe not. Feel for Shawn that they had him playing when he wasn't 95% when we had a serviceable backup all along. Don't understand our coaching staff at all. It's Collins and Mule now. Believe the team rallies from this point forward.
My guess is that Shawn wanted to keep playing. The kid is a warrior. Hopefully he can get well, clear his head and be ready for another spring QB competition.

Eight

My guess is also that Shawn may not have been completely honest with the staff as to how much he was compromised.

possibly, but the injury is supposedly from high school and i would have thought at some time in the pre-season physicals an orthopod has done an assessment on the shoulder.

very possible we are talking about a recurring dislocation that simply has gotten looser over time as the labrum and surrounding tissues have gotten stretched and torn with each new event. as others have pointed out it becomes a matter of withstanding the pain

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Any hope to see Rodgers get some game experience but not burn his redshirt? Or is he still limited physically?

Only in the last 4 games is this remotely possible, to take advantage of the red shirt rule. They may not want to play him behind this line though, cause he is going to get hit.

I’m glad that Collins will get his chance but I don’t expect him to win three games the rest of the season. I didn’t think SR would be able to so I’m not going to believe the second teamer to do it. If he doesn’t turn it over that will make me happy.

ECoastFrog

Derrick Kindred played his senior year with a broken collarbone. He was given the choice of surgery and redshirt or to play through it. It is often left to the player to make a choice.

"Did he just catch that ball???" said the announcer. Yes, he did.

Peach Bowl, DK intercepting a Bo Wallace pass in the Ole Miss end zone. One of my favorite Frog plays EVER!!!!