• The KillerFrogs

Robinson to have surgery

Mean Purple

Terrible QB management this season. Why we have been trotting out an injured, bad QB is a total mystery.
Because as much as he has struggled at times, the kid is stilla gamer and wanted to play and contribute. Likely an injury that can be addressed after season, or at least that was the throught.

4th. down

Nah Niang is our best OL. Oh and don't forget likely a starting CB. 3/5ths of the secondary is out.

I would beg Cumbie to just try the 1st half of the Kansas game running out there:
Collins
Anderson (with an occasional Sewo)
Stephens outside, Reagor outside
Barber and A Davis inside

And don't run any trick plays, either Collins hands it off to a RB, zone read, or he throws a pass. No WR reverses, no wildfrog, no RB pass. Just stay on schedule and ahead of the chains.

I like your attitude but what are the possibilities of this actually happening? I think about 40%.

4th. down

I’m really starting to wonder about our personnel management now. It seems like we’ve got blind mice running things from something like this to our wr rotation.

I like that, now we are on the "3 blind mice" kick. With your permission, I think I will now use that in the future when appropriate and I believe I'll get that chance.

MTfrog5

This is nothing new. Tye Gunn was battling numerous injuries, and clearly limited. All while we had Jeff Ballard on the bench.
This has nothing to do with what you said but I’m sick of hearing the Ballard and why he didn’t play sooner. The Gunn was battled through tons of injuries yes but to win a job you have to do something in practice to win it. From everything I’ve ever heard Gunn would still out play Ballard in every way possible. Granted I love that Ballard was about to get the job eventually and everything he ended up doing. To take a job away you you still have to do something in practice unless the other player simply can’t go.

y2kFrog

This has nothing to do with what you said but I’m sick of hearing the Ballard and why he didn’t play sooner. The Gunn was battled through tons of injuries yes but to win a job you have to do something in practice to win it. From everything I’ve ever heard Gunn would still out play Ballard in every way possible. Granted I love that Ballard was about to get the job eventually and everything he ended up doing. To take a job away you you still have to do something in practice unless the other player simply can’t go.

How do you know Robinson didn’t beat out and outplay Collins in practice?

Mean Purple

no its not
agree with Wes. Team just has to man up and commit to bringing it a whole game. Quite frankly, we have not see that effort from a whole squad perspective to date this season. Less experienced players have to learn how to win. Just how it is.

If they play with heart and do what coaches tell them, the generally come out ok.

Mean Purple

agree with Wes. Team just has to man up and commit to bringing it a whole game. Quite frankly, we have not see that effort from a whole squad perspective to date this season. Less experienced players have to learn how to win. Just how it is.

If they play with heart and do what coaches tell them, the generally come out ok.
Also, a program is about more than one season.

netty2424

Lots of assumptions as to what surgery SR is having and why. Unless I missed it, OP didn’t specify shoulder.

As fair as it is to speculate given his recent injury, I still think we should all take a second here and let some info trickle out. As tight lipped as GP is about this stuff, it seems to always leak out.

Best of luck to SR in his rehab.

Moose Stuff

My theory is that Cumbie wanted to go with Collins from day one but Gary made him go with SR because defensively he hates playing a dual threat guy. So Cumbie gave Gary what he wanted, and gave it to him good and hard. Proving a point in a way.
I would actually kinda respect that.