• The KillerFrogs

Games this weekend?

FrogLifeYo

Helps to have a run game and a possession receiver

Reagor isnt a possession reciever. He is a burner type. Diarse was a good example of a possession receiver and so was David Porter
I agree...do we have an offense that values a possession receiver? All I see is an offense built around mis direction

LVH

I agree...do we have an offense that values a possession receiver? All I see is an offense built around mis direction

Dont have one this year who had emerged. Usually it's a tight end for teams. A&M has a tight end who won them the game today. Would be nice if we could have a reliable tight end.

#9 for Texas is a good possession receiver. Big strong body with good hands

LVH

He got offers from some big schools but stuck with Iowa state due to his relationship with Campbell and they were on him early

Similar to how we were able to get Robinson and Roger's. Relationships and being involved early matters.

dawg

I agree but you realize they came into the season with only 2 returning starters on the OL...Sound familiar...Ill ask my question again..Are they getting lucky or are they coaching them up better in Ames?

Wow...I legit didn’t know that about their o-line. Then it’s definitely coaching. Campbell and his staff are seriously coaching-up their kids/game planning to their players’ strengths.

We also have to consider that maybe SR is one of those guys with all the physical tools for whom it just doesn’t click at the CFB level. I personally think he’ll be great at some point in his career, but it is a point that must be considered if he continues to struggle.

f_399

Wow...I legit didn’t know that about their o-line. Then it’s definitely coaching. Campbell and his staff are seriously coaching-up their kids/game planning to their players’ strengths.

Sounds like how people talked about TCU before we stepped up recruiting.

Mean Purple

We also have to consider that maybe SR is one of those guys with all the physical tools for whom it just doesn’t click at the CFB level. I personally think he’ll be great at some point in his career, but it is a point that must be considered if he continues to struggle.
Yep.
Purdy is a true freshman.
You either see the field or you dont.