• The KillerFrogs

Games this weekend?

dawg

I don’t buy that...SR is clearly struggling at making some reads but I’m not convinced he’s being given a scheme that anyone can make since of...Staff is letting him down..

This. Our gameplan and skill position rotations aren’t doing him any favors right now.

Mean Purple

I don’t buy that...SR is clearly struggling at making some reads but I’m not convinced he’s being given a scheme that anyone can make since of...Staff is letting him down..
Staff is not coaching him to to throw to defenders because he did not ho through progressions. Nor do they coach throwing off the back foot or no feet.

Knowing what to do when blitz?

Purdy was damn impressive against the blitz. Robinson panics with or without a blitz.
I wouldn't use the word panic. He is antsy and allows himself to use poor mechanics. But, he is maintaining his eyes downfield at least. It's hard to know how much of being unprepared for that is on him or on the coaches. What is their plan when the defense brings pressure? What is their plan to stop everyone from loading the box? Is the QB not executing the plan or is the plan bad? I'm not in the coaches meetings or at practice so I don't know but sometimes there is more than one thing going on.

FrogLifeYo

Staff is not coaching him to to throw to defenders because he did not ho through progressions. Nor do they coach throwing off the back foot or no feet.

Again no doubt his fundamentals suck but I’m still more inclined to believe it’s because the staff hasn’t spent enough time teaching him how to be a QB. Familiarity improves with game experience but fundamentals don’t unless they are taught. In addition the scheme is the most chaotic pre-snap series of reads and audibles I’ve ever seen. It’s a perfect example of an offensive coaching staff that is still searching for a scheme. 7 weeks into the season and we are a collection of plays with zero coherence