• The KillerFrogs

Hey Sonny—-Get it to the Playmakers

wilson912

I don’t care if it’s Collins, SR, Grayson, or Karson at QB Thursday night. Whoever it is has to get the ball to our playmakers, Turpin, Reagor, Anderson. Turpin is not getting the ball near enough in my opinion. We should be able to throw the deep ball to Reagor and Darius needs more touches! Let’s do this Sonny! Your time!

netty2424

giphy.gif

4 Oaks Frog

I hope he does too but I think we'll be fine either way. He's great at returning punts but he hasn't been much of a factor as a receiver this year. I'd like to see Davis get some more time.
He hasn’t been much of a receiving factor, because the ball isn't coming to him. He has droped one that I remember. The ball has been behind him, short or over his head. Everyone on here knows that Turpin across the middle is deadly. Just watch the highlights...
GO FROGS!
BEAT Texas lite!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

berryfrog95

It’s ridiculous that Turpin never get the deep ball and it’s touch and go that he gets the underneath/slant stuff. He may have dropped one or two balls but who cares, you have to feed the monsters.....

Wexahu

He hasn’t been much of a receiving factor, because the ball isn't coming to him. He has droped one that I remember. The ball has been behind him, short or over his head. Everyone on here knows that Turpin across the middle is deadly. Just watch the highlights...
GO FROGS!
BEAT Texas lite!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

He's dropped two that were pretty much right in his hands at crucial points in games. He's a very small target, it's a lot to ask for a QB to put it right on the numbers when he's going over the middle. And I'm not sure he's the most reliable route runner, which makes it that much harder.

Wexahu

It’s ridiculous that Turpin never get the deep ball and it’s touch and go that he gets the underneath/slant stuff. He may have dropped one or two balls but who cares, you have to feed the monsters.....

He hardly ever gets the deep ball because he's about 5'6". No receiver that small in the history of football has ever gotten a ton of deep balls thrown their way because it's so hard to complete when the guy isn't equipped to battle for the ball. He's a slot guy all the way, no idea why we put him out wide so often.

TAINTed frog

He hardly ever gets the deep ball because he's about 5'6". No receiver that small in the history of football has ever gotten a ton of deep balls thrown their way because it's so hard to complete when the guy isn't equipped to battle for the ball. He's a slot guy all the way, no idea why we put him out wide so often.

Tyreek Hill may have something to say about that.

Information online shows Turpin at 5'9". Maybe he's closer to 5'6".

Information online shows Hill at 5'10". Maybe he's closer to 5'7".

I don't think it's crazy to try and get Turpin downfield on the outside more often.

SuperTFrog

Turpin is listed at 5’9”. Marquise Brown at OU is listed at 5’10”. Marquise gets deep balls thrown his was ALL DAY LONG. That dude torches secondaries. I would rather throw to a 6’ tall speedster like Reagor, but Turpin could be a deep threat as well.

Eight

you are right wilson. sonny should stop calling these stupid plays that only go for 2-3 yards and focus on calling more touchdown plays.

sonny calling more touchdown plays.........

TLdaChY.gif

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Playmakers get the ball, the issue are the schemes used which appear to be nothing more than east/west plays we're hoping will break for big yardage. Those might work on paper, but our receivers suck at blocking downfield. Robinson is quite good at working the middle of the field for 10-20 yards, but we don't use those crossing routes or slants very often and anything over 20 yards is late and the receivers do a poor job adjusting on the ball.

I think Cumbie is overthinking things or is hamstrung by poor receivers coaching and an inconsistent OL. I hope he used the bye week to reevaluate and work through these issues for Collins, because the next few games are very winnable if the offense doesn't turn over the ball or consistently go 3-and-out.

Wexahu

Turpin is listed at 5’9”. Marquise Brown at OU is listed at 5’10”. Marquise gets deep balls thrown his was ALL DAY LONG. That dude torches secondaries. I would rather throw to a 6’ tall speedster like Reagor, but Turpin could be a deep threat as well.

Point taken, but I don't really care what they are listed at. Turpin isn't close to 5'9", I can tell you that with absolute certainty. And honestly, 2-3 inches makes a pretty significant difference. I'm fairly sure that Marquise Brown has more straight line speed as well that allows him to separate, maybe quite a bit more.

SuperTFrog

Point taken, but I don't really care what they are listed at. Turpin isn't close to 5'9", I can tell you that with absolute certainty. And honestly, 2-3 inches makes a pretty significant difference. I'm fairly sure that Marquise Brown has more straight line speed as well that allows him to separate, maybe quite a bit more.
I will say that Brown looks faster than Turp. I bet they fudge on Brown’s height as well. I was able to find a picture of Brown and Turpin when they played high school basketball together and the discrepancy looks like a lot more than one inch.

03D370B1-8ABF-4071-8806-EFA4567FDFB5.jpeg