• The KillerFrogs

Hey Sonny—-Get it to the Playmakers

jake102

Marquise Brown is going to drop a 40 time around .2 lower than Turpin. Huge difference. Turpin could juke Brown all day, but he's not out-running him. Two completely different players, and Turpin is being used incorrectly. You just have to look at 2015 tape to see how Turpin should be used.

And yeah, I have no idea why we think going east/west is going to work when your four WRs are Reagor, Turpin, Barber and Austin.

4 Oaks Frog

He's dropped two that were pretty much right in his hands at crucial points in games. He's a very small target, it's a lot to ask for a QB to put it right on the numbers when he's going over the middle. And I'm not sure he's the most reliable route runner, which makes it that much harder.
Wex...it must really be difficult being an expert on everything. Now it is the entire history of football. So, I missed one of his drops...sorry! I’m not asking to put it on his numbers every time. But, get it in the area. Not three feet behind him or three feet over his head. If the ball is close enough to be caught, Turp will snag it. And I don’t think he has gotten smaller since last year, and the year before. I’ve counted more times he has been wide open across the middle and missed or ignored than he has had drops. Our offense is full of stars that seem to be on different pages of the playbook. I think at some point they will all get on the same page, then look out. IMO that has to start with getting the ball in the playmaker’s hands. A smidge bit of accuracy from our QB will surely help.
GO FROGS!
BEAT Texas lite!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] & too small!!

LSU Game Attendee

He hardly ever gets the deep ball because he's about 5'6". No receiver that small in the history of football has ever gotten a ton of deep balls thrown their way because it's so hard to complete when the guy isn't equipped to battle for the ball. He's a slot guy all the way, no idea why we put him out wide so often.
Well we did throw the fade to Des White. It actually worked once as the CB made his arms like a basketball hoop, Hill dropped a perfect shot through, and White waited underneath and caught the shot. The official should have awarded bonus points.

Wexahu

Wex...it must really be difficult being an expert on everything. Now it is the entire history of football. So, I missed one of his drops...sorry! I’m not asking to put it on his numbers every time. But, get it in the area. Not three feet behind him or three feet over his head. If the ball is close enough to be caught, Turp will snag it. And I don’t think he has gotten smaller since last year, and the year before. I’ve counted more times he has been wide open across the middle and missed or ignored than he has had drops. Our offense is full of stars that seem to be on different pages of the playbook. I think at some point they will all get on the same page, then look out. IMO that has to start with getting the ball in the playmaker’s hands. A smidge bit of accuracy from our QB will surely help.
GO FROGS!
BEAT Texas lite!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] & too small!!

QBs have gotten it to his area, and he's made a couple critical drops. And if you've been paying attention, he hasn't been the best route runner, tends to go kind of drift off where he wants to which makes it that much harder to connect with him. Yes, he's made some great plays but he's also been involved with some bad ones as well because he does tend to freelance out there. Forcing the ball to a player like that can be bad news. I'd say he's a great player with the ball in his hands and a below average player without the ball in his hands. Just my opinion. I'm not an expert on everything by an means, but I do try and pay attention.

HG73

Boy, you guys are sure throwing Cumbie under the bus. Robinson turns it over and Turpin can't catch but it's all Sonny's fault.

OC SC kept Kenny Hill from beating us ELEVEN times last season. Now that's an excellent OC