• The KillerFrogs

Playoff Hopes

MinFrog

If we win the big xii at 10-2, I think we get into the playoffs. Lose once during conference and win the big xii, we should be in.

CountryFrog

We have no idea what the records of the other playoff contenders will be at the end of the regular season, so it’s absolutely absurd to even debate whether we would get in with full-in-the-blank record.
This is exactly what drives me nuts when anyone talks about the playoff chances of any team in September. It's just an endless stream of hypothetical scenarios and you can make up any scenario that your brain can create in order to get the result you want.

What if everyone wins all of their games the rest of the way? What if every conference champ has 3 losses? What if Notre Dame finishes 0-12 but all 12 losses were on last second field goals? What if Alabama loses to Auburn on another kick 6 and Tua tears his ACL while stomping the ground in frustration?

I absolutely hate it. It's the worst part of having a playoff - listening to the non-stop drivel about what it will take to get team X into the playoff or did team Y just lose their playoff chances.

LSU Game Attendee

The biggest playoff related outcome from this game may have nothing to do with the score. The frogs appeared to have no significant injuries. OSU may have lost Bosa for a while (though I hope he’s back quickly- he’s definitely a difference maker.)

Also, Kudos to the players and staff on the frogs conditioning. OSU cramping was the some of the worst I’ve seen since entire Guy Morris BU teams had to be carted off the field. The frogs seemed to stay pretty fresh.

OmniscienceFrog

This is exactly what drives me nuts when anyone talks about the playoff chances of any team in September. It's just an endless stream of hypothetical scenarios and you can make up any scenario that your brain can create in order to get the result you want.

I absolutely hate it. It's the worst part of having a playoff - listening to the non-stop drivel about what it will take to get team X into the playoff or did team Y just lose their playoff chances.

Which is exactly what ESPN and the powers that be want, endless discussion.

BleedNPurple

OSU has Tulane next week. Beware the curse of the frog. We have a history of beating teams up so badly that their next game doesn’t go so well. Stay thirsty my friends!

LeagueCityFrog

I went back and looked at all 16 teams that went into the College Football Playoff the last 4 years. The vast majority of them had one loss, a couple of them were undefeated going into the Playoff then lost. Looking at this thing as a whole... There are about 3 Tiers I see and recruiting and the head coach is the name of the game to be elite.

Tier 1 - Today's Blue Bloods - Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Clemson

Tier 2 - New Money Rich - Georgia, Michigan State, Washington, TCU, Penn State, Stanford, LSU, Auburn

Tier 3 - Mix of Risers and Fallers - Florida State, Va Tech, Oregon, Wisconsin, Boise State, Oklahoma State

Tier 4 - Everyone in FBS

Moral to the story is that TCU is close, like real close. Either run the table this year and dethrone OU at our house next month or we are one more outstanding recruiting class away from building the depth we need and were shown by Ohio State last night.

Keep going Gary! We support you! Go Frogs!