• The KillerFrogs

Buckeye fans were not impressed

SnoSki

No. Enlighten us.
Jerry+Hughes.jpg

Buckeye

I have what is likely a dumb question, but I have to ask. Who is TCU’s biggest rival or most hated foe? Obviously Ohio State right now, but per norm, is it UT, A&M, SMU?

Purp

I have what is likely a dumb question, but I have to ask. Who is TCU’s biggest rival or most hated foe? Obviously Ohio State right now, but per norm, is it UT, A&M, SMU?
Historically SMU, but the death penalty pretty well ended the angst that fueled the hate. They've been awful for 3 decades. Baylor recently took top sports hate billing largely due to Briles and their support of rapists and rapes enablers. OU's protection of woman beater Joe Mixon puts them in the Baylor echelon of sports hate. If none of those things had happened it would probably be Tech bc they have always been the most classless and insufferable fans in any sport at any level.

Buckeye

Historically SMU, but the death penalty pretty well ended the angst that fueled the hate. They've been awful for 3 decades. Baylor recently took top sports hate billing largely due to Briles and their support of rapists and rapes enablers. OU's protection of woman beater Joe Mixon puts them in the Baylor echelon of sports hate. If none of those things had happened it would probably be Tech bc they have always been the most classless and insufferable fans in any sport at any level.

Thanks. That makes sense. I should have known it would be Baylor or Tech. Obviously Ohio State fits that billing for many fan bases, and rightfully so. For me, though Michigan is certainly our rivalry, Penn State fits the bill for most classless fan base that we play yearly.

Ron Swanson

For the most part, TCU fans hate...

A&M
UT
Baylor
Tech
SMU

Everyone hates them all differently for a variety of reasons (age, where they grew up, family affiliation, etc...)

I’d say that because of all the raping and the school-wide rape coverup, Baylor has surpassed everyone else as the most universally hated TCU rival.

Purp

A&M
UT
Baylor
Tech
SMU

Everyone hates them all differently for a variety of reasons (age, where they grew up, family affiliation, etc...)

I’d say that because of all the raping and the school-wide rape coverup, Baylor has surpassed everyone else as the most universally hated TCU rival.
You omitted OU. I'd have them above UT and aTm and, for my age group, even SMU.

Wexahu

A&M
UT
Baylor
Tech
SMU

I agree that Baylor is the most hated. But the reason is 2014 more than anything else. If they were a below .500 team every year the hate would be about 10% of what it is, regardless of the rape cover up stuff.

Chongo94

I feel like the hate for BYU and Utah was running quite high there for a bit, particularly BYU.

But as others have mentioned Baylor gets the nod and then perhaps Tech in second followed by the others.

Ron Swanson

I agree that Baylor is the most hated. But the reason is 2014 more than anything else. If they were a below .500 team every year the hate would be about 10% of what it is, regardless of the rape cover up stuff.
I never hate a team for beating us on the field. Their job is to win, I’m not gonna hold it against a program for doing their job.

I hate a team for the way their fans or players or coaches act. Baylor checks the box on all three accounts.

And I’ve hated Baylor since the 90’s

Wexahu

I never hate a team for beating us on the field. Their job is to win, I’m not gonna hold it against a program for doing their job.

I hate a team for the way their fans or players or coaches act. Baylor checks the box on all three accounts.

And I’ve hated Baylor since the 90’s

Totally agree on the second paragraph. I think the way they acted in 2014 is the source of most of the hate.

ECoastFrog

I definitely hate Baylor. It used to be a fun 'sports-hate." But with the whole rape scandal, they went, and are still going, beyond the beyond. I have no respect for them as an institution at all.