• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Big-time lineman de-commits from TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Big-time lineman de-commits from TCU

BY WILLIAM WILKERSON
wwilkerson@star-telegram.com

Three-star offensive lineman Justin Osborne has backed off of his verbal pledge to TCU.

Osborne, who plays for IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., announced his decision via Twitter on Tuesday.

"I would like to thank the TCU coaching staff but I have decided that I am decommitting from TCU and re-opening my recruitment. Please respect my decision."

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article213457754.html

Frog-in-law1995

curious where some would rank rc cola in the power ranking of the "cola" soft drinks.

Back when when I drank regular soda, my order was Dr Pepper, (big gap) RC, Coke, Pepsi.

Now that I drink diets, my order is Pepsi, (small gap) Dr Pepper, (big gap) Coke, RC. I’ll usually get tea or water before a Diet Coke.

Mean Purple

I’m going to have a Pepsi, instead of a Coke today. Please respect my decision
This is Texas. Drink the Dr. Pepper or leave! Roll Tide, Gig Em and half a dozen other unhinged fan base responses to a change in a committment that really means nothing until that NLI is actually signed.

Wexahu

Bingo. The only commitment that matters is the one in ink. Up until that point, everyone has the right to change their mind or consider other offers.

The only commitments that matter are ones where the kid shuts down his recruitment.....i.e., no visits to other schools, etc. Then I can accept the fact that a kid is committed. But whenever a "commitment" lines up some OV's to other schools he's no longer committed (obviously). Doesn't mean he won't eventually end up at TCU, but he's not committed yet. At best you could say he's "leaning" towards a school, and that's really the phrase they should use until they sign.

Eight

i don't really considered dr. pepper the same as the cola drinks in the same way i don't considered root beer a cola drink

guess we could take the discussion in that direction in an attempt to respect osborne's decision by basically ignoring until signing day

did have two questions come up. which version of dr. pepper and do mexican coca-cola fit into the "cola" rankings or would that be considered an import

tcumaniac

The whole recruiting process sets a really bad precedent for these high school kids going forward.

Teaches them it’s fully okay and “respectable” to back out of a commitment whenever they feel like it. Sets them up to be a pretty [ Finebaum ]ty student, friend, employee, husband, father, etc...

Latest posts