• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Big-time lineman de-commits from TCU

namollec

Behind dp, in front of Coke
I've never thought of DP as a cola. Doesn't taste at all "cola" to me.

So basically - RC Cola, then nothing else. Would rather stay thirsty than drink Coke or Pepsi.

And if we're bringing up non-cola soft drinks drinks as favorite personal choices - Big Red forever!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
aw-1224-va.jpg

Planks

Meh, I think like @Wexahu said, a verbal "commitment" should really be called a "strong lean" or whatever. Pretty much everyone knows this, it's not like any coach is massively betrayed when a verbal flips. We're asking these 17 year old kids to make anywhere from a 3 to 5 year commitment (barring a transfer that costs them a year). If they change their mind along the way, that's their perogative.

And to add on to that, the “offers” that schools are making are not binding, they are just verbal offers. The offer can be rescinded at any time up until the recruit signs. It’s not super common for offers to be rescinded, but it does happen, especially when there is a coaching change.

What does happen all the time is coaches tell recruits that maybe they should look around at other options. The offer isn’t technically rescinded, but the coach is saying it might be best if you don’t come here. Every school, including TCU, does this.

I think Osborne is absolutely making the wrong decision by decommitting, but I won’t fault him for doing what he feels is the best decision for himself.

froglash88

Stopped drinking soda of any kind in 1995. Just trying to avoid those diabetes starter kits. America is addicted to sugar. It is very hard to switch, but I now find myself enjoying the LaCroix and Polar product lines. Every once in a while I have a dream about drinking DP and think I ruined my 23 year streak. lol

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Stopped drinking soda of any kind in 1995. Just trying to avoid those diabetes starter kits. America is addicted to sugar. It is very hard to switch, but I now find myself enjoying the LaCroix and Polar product lines. Every once in a while I have a dream about drinking DP and think I ruined my 23 year streak. lol
Topo Chico Lime is the best water ever.