• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

I failed Cobb. Retook accounting with what to this day is regarded as one of the worst professors ever hired, Don Nichols. I studied my ass off, and got a D, which just like you was my worst grade on my record. It should be noted that a dean of neely was the one who told me Nichols was a terrible mistake...but after he messed up my GPA.
I postponed that class two semesters trying to get Cobb over Nichols b/c everyone I knew said the same thing, but each time there was another class I needed for one of my majors that conflicted with Cobb's availability so I ultimately had to suck it up and take Nichols.

When it was all said and done I finished with 175 semester hours at TCU and only 9 of them weren't great. Combrink was easily the worst followed by Nichols. The other awful class was Elliot for Econ: History of Developing Economies. Holy boat, I'm still stunned at the drivel she had us read. The only class I ever took at TCU that was clearly slanted to a particular political ideology and unforgiving for skepticism. Such a frustrating existence that class was.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Is Janice Cobb your teacher? I hated accounting with a passion and that final exam was the hardest test I’ve ever taken in my life. I studied for roughly 20 hours and needed a 50 on the final to get a C in the class.

I got a 36 with the curve, which gave me my only D in a class in my life. I was a finance & economics major though, so all I needed to do was pass to get my 12 hours of accounting credits... took my D and my diploma and got out of Dodge

Good luck!!

Same here except I had Nichols instead of Cobb. That guy had no soul. I was in that class with Goolsby and I'm pretty sure he did better than I.

Needed a 60-something for a C and got a 30-something. Curve got me within a couple points of what I needed for the C, but got a D.

Only other class that happened to me was Discreet Math with Combrink. Not only was he devoid of a soul, he also had no personality good or bad. The most emotionless human ever. I was thrilled with my D in that one. I understood the subject better before the class than after.

Did not have Cobb, nor Nichols, don't think Nichols is here anymore. Cobb is mostly teaching Cost accounting I think, which I'll take with her next Spring.

I'm an accounting major, but this class just handed it to me. The final was awful.

Made an A in Inter. Acct I, now it's looking like a B in Inter. Acct II.

Only C I've made so far was in Business Calculus when I was taking night classes before I transfered in.

After being away from math for so long I had to take remedial math, then pre-algebra, then Algebra, then Business Calc over the couse of four semesters. Darn derivitives and double darn differentials.

Took Stats with Weltman at TCU and got a B-, that's my lowest grade at TCU thus far.

Last edited:

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Buncha nerds in here

giphy-14296ab4304941e7b5.gif

Frog-in-law1995

Lockhart BBQ joints.... go

I’m heading there tomorrow to pick up my new truck from the dealership and am meeting a buddy for lunch while I’m there. I always get the Luling and Lockhart places confused and can’t ever remember which one is the best, or even which ones I’ve been to.

Please post knowledgeable opinions

I’m sure you’ve received several responses to this, but without skipping ahead to read them, I throw out my own suggestion. I would keep driving to City Market in Luling. But if you aren’t headed that way, I’d go with Kreutz Market. Smitty’s #2 choice. Very disappointed with Black’s (no racist) when I stopped there last time (18 months ago).

Edit: As usual, HASMSP advice is solid.

Purp

Did not have Cobb, nor Nichols, don't think Nichols is here anymore. Cobb is mostly teaching Cost accounting I think, which I'll take with her next Spring.

I'm an accounting major, but this class just handed it to me. The final was awful.

Made an A in Inter. Acct I, now it's looking like a B in Inter. Acct II.

Only C I've made so far was in Business Calculus when I was taking night classes before I transfered in.

After being away from math for so long I had to take remedial math, then pre-algebra, then Algebra, then Business Calc over the couse of four semesters. Darn derivitives and double darn differentials.

Took Stats with Weltman at TCU and got a B-, that's my lowest grade at TCU thus far.
I had a small handful of Cs and those 2 Ds, but for the most part I was making the same kinds of grades you do. Those two classes where I got Ds felt like failures b/c I'd never made a grade even close to that low in my life. I'd never not understood things like that before so it was a kick to the nuts to feel like a complete imbecile b/c I couldn't get it. At least I had a lot of miserable company in those classes.

tcudoc

I had a small handful of Cs and those 2 Ds, but for the most part I was making the same kinds of grades you do. Those two classes where I got Ds felt like failures b/c I'd never made a grade even close to that low in my life. I'd never not understood things like that before so it was a kick to the nuts to feel like a complete imbecile b/c I couldn't get it. At least I had a lot of miserable company in those classes.
giphy.gif

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I was always of the attitude that if the smartest people I knew were only capable of C to D in a course, then the most likely problem was with the teacher's teaching method. Sounds like we had a few here.

I couldn't tell you who the professors were, but Statistics and honors Chem 2 (or whatever the official title was for the second level course) were the two toughest for me at TCU. Proud of my A (or was it a high B) in stats, Chemistry killed me.

Ron Swanson

Dang hippie. Eco boost. Bwahahaha

You need a Dodge diesel with stacks!!

(Kidding)
I know you’re kidding about the ecoboost, but I had a big misunderstanding of what they were until I started researching all the Ford engines for this buying process. The 2.7 L V6 is quick as hell with 325 hp and 19/26 mpg. I would’ve been happy with that. The 3.5 L V6 has 365 hp and is faster and can tow more than the 5.0 L V-8 and is supposed to get 17/24 mpg.

Now there is still quite a bit of debate about what is the better engine between the 3.5 L ecoboost and the traditional V8, but I was shocked at how powerful the ecoboosts were.

I absolutely love this truck though, very excited about it.

EDIT: This site is about to make me lose it with all the reloads and page failures

Latest posts