• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Serious question:

Driving mocs...so do they stay in your car and you change into them when you go somewhere, and then change back to your regular shoes when you reach your destination? Kinda like Mr. Rogers with the house slippers and cardigan?

I own several pair of "drivers"--comfortable and they do provide better grip on the gas and brake pedals on the car.

https://martindingman.com/shoes/slip-on-footwear/drivers.html

Having said that, I wouldn't leave the house wearing those driving mocs.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I have driving shoes. Not mocs, but shoes. And no, you don’t leave them in the car.

Ok they are kinda moc-ish, but not anything like Doc’s.

Mean Purple

Wrangler makes a solid pant. I wear them everyday. Wife brought home a super dewsh Luke Bryan looking Ariat pant and it has yet to be worn. Not saying all Ariats look man- bedazzled, but these were bad. Real bad. Designs on the back pockets with white stitching bad. Almost like a male version of Miss Me Jeans.

Edit - Pretty sure I stole that line from Riggs.
Agreed. I wear Wranglers at the ranch, at work and where ever. And they hold up well and they don't cramp my hardy boys in the saddle. (two things you don't want when mounting the saddle...skinny jeans or a modern phone in your pocket.) If I don't have to wear a suit at work, but it is not Friday, I can were the cotton twill pants from Schaefer. Who, by the way, also makes a good pair of jeans. Schaefer has a fenceline canvis pant that holds up very well and stands up to mesquite branches, etc.

At the NFR this past year, one guest on a show at cowboy christmas offered the following about the luke bryan crowd. "We wear wranglers, they wear stranglers." The canadian rodeo fans seemed to love that quote.

Mean Purple

I recently ventured outside my comfort zone and bought some "Twisted X Driving Moccasins." I saw them at Cavendars and someone had recommended them to me. I thought they looked a bit odd with the blue braided top. I tried them on and walked around the store for a couple of minutes and they were the most comfortable shoes that I have ever worn. The more I wear them, the more I like the way they look too. So far, I have gotten a lot of inquiries and compliments about them. I am a huge fan.
61Dj-jNFriL._SX395_.jpg
Those are actually pretty popular at horse shows, etc. Folks kick their boots off and put those on as the floors are usually concrete. However, I would not consider them a driving moc. More of a chuka. (My failed attempt to recreate the chafing dish dialogue from Hot Shots)

netty2424

I'm not beholden to a single brand, but my best jeans are Lucky brand. I do like the way they fit and they aren't as hot in the summer as others. The ones I wore most to work were Nautica brand. I bought them at an outlet store on an Indian reservation north of Seattle around 2008/9. They fit great and lasted damn near a decade before finally blowing out in some well worn areas. I still have one pair left from that purchase and I'm wearing them now. Very comfortable and durable.
Lucky Brand jeans are very underrated imo. I think they make a great quality jean at a very reasonable price.

SuperBarrFrog

FYI, we get hot and sweaty working in the movie business so shorts are a must about half the year. These are by far the best shorts I’ve found that are high quality, comfortable, and still look nice enough to grab dinner or beers at a decent place. Used to be just for work, now I wear them for everything since they actually look better than anything else I’ve owned. Charcoal ones look really sharp.

https://www.rei.com/product/894354/prana-brion-shorts-mens-9-inseam

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I met with and walked the floor of a prospective client yesterday that happens to be a meat processor. Was in the typical business casual attire - but found out leather soled shoes are extremely slippery when you step on floor meat.

Also we pay too much at restaurants.

netty2424

I’ve heard this is the best perk from working behind the counter at Central market. Anything dropped is obviously no longer able to be sold. That said, wash it off, keep it cold and take it home.
First job I ever had was at six flags. Went in thinking I was going to run the roller coasters or something kick ass like that, but they throw 15 year olds in food service. I ended up in a frozen yogurt stand across from the western gun show. Looking back I'm not proud, but I intentionally screwed up a few frozen treats so I could go in the back and have my fill.