• The KillerFrogs

FWST: HBO Real Sports piece on TCU won't be a good look... for the school or Gary Patterson

Dogfrog

Coaches screaming at players? Say it isn’t so. Who does Muck think is going to be shocked by this? I think he desperately wants this to be bad for TCU so he will have something to write about and draw some attention to himself.

Sebastian S

Honestly is there anyone on his side? Green and Doctson went on vacation with him and they still support TCU just like before. Green even posted a picture with GP from the alumni event.

He went on vacation with Green, Doc and Gray right?

They may not be on his side regarding this story but they are definitely good friends.

You think this issue was discussed and someone should have mentioned how stupid it was.

BABYFACE

Honestly is there anyone on his side? Green and Doctson went on vacation with him and they still support TCU just like before. Green even posted a picture with GP from the alumni event.

At what point does it become a breaking point in their relationship? Or, does it at all?

CountryFrog

He went on vacation with Green, Doc and Gray right?

They may not be on his side regarding this story but they are definitely good friends.

You think this issue was discussed and someone should have mentioned how stupid it was.
I have friends who do stupid stuff. Just because I tell them it's stupid doesn't mean they're going to stop doing it. Especially if they're convinced that they can get a whole lot of money from it.

MTfrog5

At what point does it become a breaking point in their relationship? Or, does it all?
I think if it ever got to the point of making TCU and Patterson lose credibility, you might see them distance themselves. That’s not going to happen with the amount of ex players that are responding though. Doctson himself was held out the remainder of his senior year and has first hand knowledge of the training staff. I can’t describe how much this entire thing pisses me off. People that sue just because they didn’t get their way are the worst.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Coaches screaming at players? Say it isn’t so. Who does Muck think is going to be shocked by this? I think he desperately wants this to be bad for TCU so he will have something to write about and draw some attention to himself.

I’m just guessing here, but my guess KL probably puts out more mofos in a paragraph than GP does in a whole game or practice.

His poor tender virgin ears. That locker room talk must have been a living hell for sensibilities...

2015Frog

People forget that Boykin also sat out that Oklahoma game in 2015 and then played the next week in that terrible weather and looked 100% fine. Why would Gary force an average wide receiver to play and not our star QB? Wouldn't Boykin at 90% have been better than Foster Sawyer?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
They’re going for public sympathy

The old tactic of try the case in the court of public opinion when you know your case is weak.

GP doesn’t need to and can’t rebut this publicly, but some former teammate or teammates with should ask for equal time.

What Gumbel fails to ask is why he is the lone voice in the dark if this is such an endemic problem at TCU.

Sebastian S

People forget that Boykin also sat out that Oklahoma game in 2015 and then played the next week in that terrible weather and looked 100% fine. Why would Gary force an average wide receiver to play and not our star QB? Wouldn't Boykin at 90% have been better than Foster Sawyer?

Boykin was not 100% vs Baylor in that freezing rain game.

If he was, that game would not have been close, it played to one of his strengths, running the ball.