• The KillerFrogs

AGCS East Side Expansion Update - new website and revised renderings

Dogfrog

I was talking to a Frog Club guy last week who said loges are sold out which surprises me a little. Thought they would be the last to go but all great for our program.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
How yes? Loge are they $3000 for each seat for all of them? I understand there is the 60k capital contribution.
Capital contribution is the cheapest per seat. But seats are more expensive annually.

You do have to commit to minimum of six but I’m just talking on a per seat basis.

LeagueCityFrog

Capital contribution is the cheapest per seat. But seats are more expensive annually.

You do have to commit to minimum of six but I’m just talking on a per seat basis.

It is location too. These loge box are in the least diserable spot of all offerings, 5 yard to endzone view, hence the price, but they do have their own end cap private clubs and a little more space to add to the appeal. These loge boxes are really just a way made possible for TCU fans that want to support the athletic department in the 100s of thousands of dollars level over time vs those 22 suites up above that are in the $1.4 to $3.2 million range level of school support. Not every frog can roll like that. I'm hoping these east side club will be at least 5 X enhanced in the common space, bars, boxes, suites etc vs the west side for two reasons. One, new technology and finish out amenities have surfaced over the last 6 years, two, this side is way more expensive on the contribution front than the west side was.

Last edited:
The Loge's were always expected to go first as they are catering to the 30 something grads who have enough money for club seats, not enough for a suite, but have friends they want to hang with. Perfect fit, not surprised they sold out.

The suites are going OK from what I have heard. That demand is lower than assumed but not by too much, they will get all those done... And they may already and just haven't finished contracts.

The demand for club seats is what has been most surprising to athletics from the folks I've talked too... Lots of people said they were interested but are balking at the relatively higher prices.

LeagueCityFrog

The Loge's were always expected to go first as they are catering to the 30 something grads who have enough money for club seats, not enough for a suite, but have friends they want to hang with. Perfect fit, not surprised they sold out.

The suites are going OK from what I have heard. That demand is lower than assumed but not by too much, they will get all those done... And they may already and just haven't finished contracts.

The demand for club seats is what has been most surprising to athletics from the folks I've talked too... Lots of people said they were interested but are balking at the relatively higher prices.

The suites were heading to 70 percent sold about a month ago. So they probably have 6 or so left would be my guess maybe less than that. I'm always surprised by the buying power of our Frog fans over and over again. Maybe they need to turn some of those club seats on the ends into more Loge boxes until all the seats are gone. Maybe from the 15 years line to the endzone instead of starting at the 5 yard line. Re open for more loge boxes and keep moving.

Dogfrog

I sort of get this but assume the loge is sold to one account, not split into 2 or 3 accounts. So the non-account holders would not get priority points. A priority 3 club seat is about the same price as an individual loge seat on a per seat basis.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I sort of get this but assume the loge is sold to one account, not split into 2 or 3 accounts. So the non-account holders would not get priority points. A priority 3 club seat is about the same price as an individual loge seat on a per seat basis.
I imagine they would work with you to get the points allocated appropriately. When I spoke with them it sounded like buyers were moving into a mysterious new category because they couldn’t give full priority points for tax reasons. But was told not to worry as they would know where buyers stand.

Dogfrog

I imagine they would work with you to get the points allocated appropriately. When I spoke with them it sounded like buyers were moving into a mysterious new category because they couldn’t give full priority points for tax reasons. But was told not to worry as they would know where buyers stand.

The quotes for loges are for a 6 seat loge. Maybe TCU is Working with people but multiple accounts in one loge doesn’t seem feasible to me. Priority points are an internal TCU thing unrelated to taxes. The deduction for contributions related to seats is gone although customer entertainment deduction is still in play.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The quotes for loges are for a 6 seat loge. Maybe TCU is Working with people but multiple accounts in one loge doesn’t seem feasible to me. Priority points are an internal TCU thing unrelated to taxes. The deduction for contributions related to seats is gone although customer entertainment deduction is still in play.
Let me clarify, when I spoke with them about club seats the recommendation was that I don’t accept priority points so the donation would be tax deductible, or at least 80 percent of it. Possibly their tax people have changed this but priority points were directly related to taxes - in other words if you took them you couldn’t deduct the donation.

Dogfrog

Let me clarify, when I spoke with them about club seats the recommendation was that I don’t accept priority points so the donation would be tax deductible, or at least 80 percent of it. Possibly their tax people have changed this but priority points were directly related to taxes - in other words if you took them you couldn’t deduct the donation.

Sorry I missed that. A tax guy is certainly in order because it was my understanding that any contribution that is required for access to seats is not deductible but I’ve been wrong before.

Latest posts