• The KillerFrogs

AGCS East Side Expansion Update - new website and revised renderings

smufrogger

If I recall it’s 12% but I didn’t write it down

It was enough that everyone on the committee asked if we could get them to manage our personal investments when they showed the results

Funny that you didn’t want to be lambasted but you have gone out of your way to question the objectives, judgment and even integrity to some extent of TCU administrators and admissions even when the facts don’t support your perspective

show me where I questioned the judgement and integrity "to some extent" of administrators and admissions?
This conversation started with me stating I was disappointed to see that my son was waitlisted on his application to TCU. I never once stated something derogatory against administrators or admissions. They do what they want to do. What I brought up was the issue that despite having the right academics AND being a legacy-( as stated, my son exceed the averages of the fall class) he was wait listed.
If TCU doesn't take being a legacy as a factor- then that's news to me, and I think should also be shared in a TCU forum. This forum is full of a lot of heresay, and therefore even that may not be true.
So, we won't be continuing the legacy within my family- I am disappointed to see that unfold, but no blame is cast. I'll hereafter be allocating tuition $$ and alumni $$ elsewhere.
Other opinions which were interjected I believe also have merit- sorry you didn't appreciate their opinions either, but regardless, the facts are quite a few schools offer quite a bit more aid than TCU. My basis of this statement are based upon my own personal research of the other private institutions that my kids have looked at attending. I guess you refute that perspective? Or is that statement somehow questioning the integrity of TCU? I fail to see where integrity of anyone at TCU was questioned- maybe you can point to where it was.

Brog

frogger, you're too good a fan for us to lose. Why don't we just end this discussion and wish the best for you, your son, wherever he goes, and TCU. Good luck to all.

flyfishingfrog

kind of done dealing with
show me where I questioned the judgement and integrity "to some extent" of administrators and admissions?

You flat out stated that Victor's comments were that TCU administration didn't care about the high cost of TCU in your original thread for starters - not going through the rest of your complaining

but frankly I am over having this discussion, you made up your mind before you ever posted your first thread and weren't interested in trying to change the situation but I am sure you will look great in burnt orange or maroon - good luck to your kid, seems like they will be fine wherever they go.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I was just told the cost of a suite depending upon which suite you chose runs from 1 million to 3 million. I believe some suites include up to 5 parking spaces. Also, I believe the 1 million dollar suites have a ten year lease.

Does that price include freshman pledges driving Valet golf carts from parking lots to elevators?
Asking for a friend.....

LeagueCityFrog

Ok, after wading thru 8 pages I didn’t see it addressed or on the cool link.

What happens to Fear The Frog statue?

I don't think TCU has said yet, and the statue is definitely missing in all the renovation pictures. Looking at the corner images, it appears there is still enough real estate to bring back Frog Alley to the same general location with a slight adjustment east eating up some of the grass and maybe trees on the Kelly lawn to make enough space for all the traffic flow and the vendor setup. Maybe TCU needs to put out two more pictures of what Frog Alley would now look like post east side addition and maybe another picture of the positioning of the Fear The Frog statue. I personally wouldn't move it too far from where it was. So many home team and visitor fans are lined up on game day to take a picture with it during their visit.

netty2424

Or maybe the real idea of not watching on tv at home is to actually be looking at the activity on that grassy expanse straight ahead and down...
Then what's the point in having one at all?

The small screen in the south corner is basically worthless from north end zone. That one needs addressing so much more than the north end zone.

LeagueCityFrog

In regards to the new jumbotron, if TCU thinks the new one in the drawing is still not big enough for future recruits you know they will go back and fix it. TCU athletics never does things on the cheap whether it be team unis and swag, capital projects, or pre game events at away games. They will find the sweet spot between maximizing the size of the screen and the bells and whistles that go with upgraded audio and video verse something that's gaudy and looks disproportionately out of place. Ground hasn't even broken yet and the current new jumbotron is just a drawing proposal. The name of the game is putting butts in seats, and they will find the right jumbotron to help that cause while appealing to to top recruits.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Then what's the point in having one at all?

The small screen in the south corner is basically worthless from north end zone. That one needs addressing so much more than the north end zone.

I’m fine with whatever they have. I just look at scoreboards for replays, down and distance, etc; not as a competition with UT or Baylor.

netty2424

I’m fine with whatever they have. I just look at scoreboards for replays, down and distance, etc; not as a competition with UT or Baylor.
That's all I use them for as well is replays. I sit lower bowl north west corner so can't see the north endzone screen Bc the endzone second level overhang blocks most of the view. And the south screen opposite corner is truly too small to even see replays.

So a bigger screen on either end would be beneficial from my vantage point.

Deep Purple

As for rankings and reputation- I don't claim them as superior- that is done by all other entities which by most all accounts, rank UT and Aggy higher...
[...]
TCU has great facilities, and has much smaller class sizes than most other universities, but where they fall short is on academic reputation on the formerly mentioned Universities, and on value for the degree.
Complete nonsense. There are 2,200 four-year colleges and universities in the United States. TCU, SMU, Baylor, Longhorn, and Aggie are all in the top 100, or top 5%. So when you talk about being ranked #78 as opposed to #52, you're arguing mere fractions of 1% in a ranking that is about 30% subjective to begin with. It's a distinction without any practical difference. Put another way, for all practical purposes the rankings are virtually identical.

This pedantic hair-splitting of the rankings is the kind of stupidity you read all the time on PonyFans or SicEm365. That alone should tell you a lot about their academic quality compared to TCU. The most significant difference between these schools is not their academics, it's their campus culture. Here, I would rate TCU way ahead of all the others.

The only university in Texas that is truly set apart academically is Rice, which is a national top 20 institution. The rest of us may be in the top 5%. Rice is in the top 1%. Nobody else comes close to touching that.

I don't understand the chronic inferiority complex so many TCU alums have about their alma mater, but having worked in higher education for nearly 25 years, I do know it's completely unjustified.

Last edited: