• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I do get a little nerdy about geology. Most of our family road trips will include a stop at a cave or some state park where I am pointing out outcrops or fossils. Last week my 6th grader had a test on the Rock Cycle. I was helping her study and started pointing-out the errors in the terms they were using in her text book materials. I told her that they were wrong, but if she wants a good grade on her test, to just put down what they had.

Also, a few years back, they asked me to come talk to the class about geology. I baked a multi-layer cake using food coloring to show the different layers. I baked a small chocolate cake and hid it in the middle of the cake. Then in the class, I took a straw and took core samples around the cake, showing the kids the layers that came-out until we found a core sample with the chocolate (oil) layer. I don't know if they thought it was cool, or if they just wanted the cake, but it seemed to go over well.
Was planning to take the kids to Chinney Rock National Monument today but, of course, it’s closed this time of year. Even though there is no snow to be seen and temps are in the upper 50’s.

Going to try Great Sand Dunes NP on the way home.

nwlafrog

Anyone going to Jacksonville next week for Mud Nationals? I’ve never been there and I got a decent sized group of us together to make the trip and do hood rat stuff.

tcudoc

I recently noticed that I turn down my music so I can see better when I’m parking or navigating a tight space. I don’t know why I do it. Aparently eyesight improves with adjusting the volume.
I do it too, but I do it so that if someone honks or yells at me to stop, I have a better chance of hearing them. I have heard horror stories of people backing over their loved ones or their pets, so I proceed slowly and cautiously with my ears ready to hear any sign of trouble.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
There is a rock outcropping on Hwy 16 just north of Llano. Evidently it has small amounts of llanite, which is only found in this county; quite rare. At any rate, it is visited quite regularly by local colleges and rock hounds...you drive by and it is covered with students, all prospecting away.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I do it too, but I do it so that if someone honks or yells at me to stop, I have a better chance of hearing them. I have heard horror stories of people backing over their loved ones or their pets, so I proceed slowly and cautiously with my ears ready to hear any sign of trouble.

Back in my paramedic days, we were called to a residence in north Austin where an agitated older guy had backed over his grandson. Kid had a broken leg, but all things considered, he was doing well. We were most of the way to Brackenridge when we heard another unit dispatched to the same address for an elderly male having chest pain.

tcudoc

I do get a little nerdy about geology. Most of our family road trips will include a stop at a cave or some state park where I am pointing out outcrops or fossils. Last week my 6th grader had a test on the Rock Cycle. I was helping her study and started pointing-out the errors in the terms they were using in her text book materials. I told her that they were wrong, but if she wants a good grade on her test, to just put down what they had.
I wasn't as smart as you. I helped my kid with an anatomy chart and told them what to put as the right answers. I got a 70. The teacher's answers were way different than mine. Mine were all correct, they just chose not to accept them because they didn't fit the answer key they had and were unable to know that my answers were way better than the answers given by whoever made the stupid handout. Me helping my kids with homework often went very poorly for the sake of their grades. I once helped my child fail a 5th grade math assignment because his teacher had no clue what she was doing.

tcudoc

Back in my paramedic days, we were called to a residence in north Austin where an agitated older guy had backed over his grandson. Kid had a broken leg, but all things considered, he was doing well. We were most of the way to Brackenridge when we heard another unit dispatched to the same address for an elderly male having chest pain.
Let me guess, the kid's mom backed over the grandfather...?

nwlafrog

I’m all aboard the iPhone conspiracy train now. I mentioned that someone resembled “a big arse super Mario” while doing some ship talking. Fast forward 5 minutes to me browsing the internets and boom..... a super Mario video game ad. Creepy as darn.

Stay woke

7207A6D0-5E79-4AC6-9D0B-C465B923D8C0.jpeg

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

I’m all aboard the iPhone conspiracy train now. I mentioned that someone resembled “a big arse super Mario” while doing some ship talking. Fast forward 5 minutes to me browsing the internets and boom..... a super Mario video game ad. Creepy as darn.

Stay woke

View attachment 4238

I was listening to Paralyzer by Finger Eleven on my in-car ipod on the drive to work, which got me to wanting to listen to another of their songs, so I pull up YouTube and in the search bar, type: “on”

The smart search function auto-populated it as “one thing Finger Eleven.”

Creepy, y’all. The bad men are listening.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I was listening to Paralyzer by Finger Eleven on my in-car ipod on the drive to work, which got me to wanting to listen to another of their songs, so I pull up YouTube and in the search bar, type: “on”

Creepy, y’all. The bad men are listening.
They been listening for some time now. Lysfranc fracture my ass

SnoSki

"What if I told you, they were more than license plates? That, sometimes, it is a matter of life and death? That likes are this nation's greatest resource? That no one can outrun the truth? That not all fans are created equal? That you can heal all wounds by [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ting on Baylor?

Have you seen them? directed by TxFrog1999 Tuesday at 8 on ESPN part of ESPN FILMS 30 for 30 presented by Levi's."

30_for_30_Volume_I_logo.jpg

Interwoven with clips of Wes and TxFrog saying, “we tried to kill that damn thing so many times, it seems like every time we tried, it would grow back stronger than ever. Finally we stopped trying to kill it and they started talking about baby ship.”

Shorty

Creepy AF, y’all. The bad men are listening.
Tangentially related but my city has a small music festival in May every year. They get a mixture of one hit wonders or washed up 90s/00s bands and older groups. I saw Finger Eleven a couple years ago and knew nothing of them other than Paralyzer. The rest of their stuff sounded like a bad Disturbed tribute band. Notably they performed WWE wrestler Kane's theme song Slow Chemical.