• The KillerFrogs

Who are we for, Penn St or Ohio St?

Frog-in-law1995

Here’s an interesting scenario:

Alabama, Penn State, TCU, Clemson and Notre Dame win out.

Discuss.
Alabama
Penn State
TCU
Clemson or Notre Dame

TCU is definitely in in that scenario, no doubt. Between Clemson and ND it would just depend on how they look the rest of the year, how the teams they played look, etc, etc.

I agree. I think it has to be ND out, since they didn’t win a conference and only played 12 games. But their only loss would be to a (probably) 12-1 Georgia team by 1 point 3 months earlier. And it’s Notre Dame.

Ron Swanson

I would give it to ND over Clemson in that scenario. Their one loss is far better and their schedule is tougher.

Who gives a crap if Clemson has a 13th data point? A 13th game doesn’t make you a better team, it just means your schedule allowed you to play another game.

This is similar to OSU and TCU in 2014 and I think it would be ridiculous to give it to Clemson in that scenario, just like it was ridiculous to give it to OSU over TCU.

finafrog

Here’s an interesting scenario:

Alabama, Penn State, TCU, Clemson and Notre Dame win out.

Discuss.
bama, psu, tcu, clemson.

i think notre dame will get caught in the tcu-baylor 2014 dillemma with a (presumably) one-loss Georgia, especially if it's a close loss to bama, as s.o. pointed out a couple of pages back.

i could see also, however, the halo of the golden domes blinding the committee.

Zubaz

It would depend on what the schedule looks like. Right now Notre Dame's schedule is good enough to where the 13th data point wouldn't be needed, but USC loses some more, if Georgia drops a few, if Michigan State drops, this could all impact it to where schedules are close enough that a CCG puts Clemson in.

SuperTFrog

Really. Did you interview them? So you don't that its 100% certainty do you? That's all I'm saying. Hell, I'm not 100% sure the sun is rising tomorrow. 99.999999999% but not 100. Very few things can be predicted with 100% certainty, especially when it involves biased humans in a closed rom making decisions with no established objective criteria.

If you can't understand my point then in the CFP apologist column with wex and ToddD you go.
Like Ron said (I think it was Ron), would you say that you aren’t 100% that Alabama would get in if they were undefeated? What about if Bama went undefeated and every other team had 2 losses? 100%? Based on your logic, you can’t rule out that Baylor wouldn’t make the playoff, right? You might be 99.99% but not 100%.

Time for Baylor to hire that PR firm again and make a run at a CFP bid.

I think the debate more lies with a 1 loss TCU team. Win out and barring some freak show by he committee, we are in.
So yo're a tinfoil hat little man like me who's not 100% sure we get in unde
Like Ron said (I think it was Ron), would you say that you aren’t 100% that Alabama would get in if they were undefeated? What about if Bama went undefeated and every other team had 2 losses? 100%? Based on your logic, you can’t rule out that Baylor wouldn’t make the playoff, right? You might be 99.99% but not 100%.

Time for Baylor to hire that PR firm again and make a run at a CFP bid.
Are you obtuse or drunk?
I don’t know how To be more clear, So I’ll say it one more time. No one can be 100% sure of anything with the committee. There are no absolutes. Why is that so hard?

OmniscienceFrog

For once, I agree with you.:) If UGA loses to Bama, they would be at best the 4 seed with Bama at the 1 seed. That means they'd meet again in the first round.

I think the committee would say they just saw that, why should they give UGA a second chance?
Not necessarily. If they have another 12-1 team to put in the #4 hole, they'll do that, and put Georgia at #3. Gives them a shot at an all-SEC championship game. You know if they can't have a Big 10 - SEC championship game, they would prefer an all-SEC one.

OmniscienceFrog

If Penn State beats the Buckeyes in Columbus, they will be the toughest competition possible. Anyway, if you want the best field possible surely as many undefeateds as possible is what you're after. 13-0 PSU much more desirable from that perspective.

I want PSU to win, for the reasons stated already. The committee loves Ohio State, and will put them over TCU given any possible argument for doing so. I'd rather just have them out of the way.
We still have a game, maybe two, against a team that beat Ohio State in Columbus.

OmniscienceFrog

If you recall in 2014, we were ahead of Baylor all year long. That’s because they said that head-to-head only factors in at the end of the year when the resumes are similar. It’s a tiebreaker. Until then, they will look at their resumes independently.
And that's because this committee is a clownshow. TCU's resume only got better between the next to last week and the last week, and they were dropped 3 spots by the clowns and behind Baylor who they had been ahead of for weeks. Apologize all you want for that committee, but they were/are a joke.

TCUSA

They said you had to win your conference--tOSU didn't even play in the B1G playoff last year. The committee will put who they want in the playoff in the playoff and figure out how to justify it later. It's [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ], but it's the hand we're dealt. We just have to make it too embarrassing for them to pass us over (though that's obviously a high bar considering 2014).

LSU Game Attendee

They said you had to win your conference--tOSU didn't even play in the B1G playoff last year. The committee will put who they want in the playoff in the playoff and figure out how to justify it later. It's [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ], but it's the hand we're dealt. We just have to make it too embarrassing for them to pass us over (though that's obviously a high bar considering 2014).
Good news is, Fitch and co.'s recent badass recruiting on the D-Line helps in the "eyeball test" argument.

That is, unless the CFP applies CJK5H-style assessments where James asserted that Tanner Brock was 3" shorter and 30lbs lighter than his actual stats.

Ron Swanson

And that's because this committee is a clownshow. TCU's resume only got better between the next to last week and the last week, and they were dropped 3 spots by the clowns and behind Baylor who they had been ahead of for weeks. Apologize all you want for that committee, but they were/are a joke.

I am not apologizing and I agree that their logic is stupid. I’m just saying that’s their logic.

netty2424

So yo're a tinfoil hat little man like me who's not 100% sure we get in unde

Are you obtuse or drunk?
I don’t know how To be more clear, So I’ll say it one more time. No one can be 100% sure of anything with the committee. There are no absolutes. Why is that so hard?
If being concerned about getting into the CFP as a one loss gives me a tin foil hat then sure.

I do agree with a couple other posts who don't think the committee sits around trying to find ways to scheme and conspire against TCU, but we got left out once before. We actually have proof it can happen, not speculation, but hard facts. No reason to think it can't happen again!

Just gotta win! (When the blue bloods don't necessarily have to)