• The KillerFrogs

Who are we for, Penn St or Ohio St?

Wasn't your previous point something about no other games being on? Guess the Rose Bowl doesn't fit that description.

You're cherry picking, using data from 7 years ago. But that's not the worst of it, you're using a previous outcome to justify the means of today's selection. While I might agree with you that the numbers would be the same, or close, the committee will have no way of knowing that. They will be forced to put on their best guess as to what fans will watch. How might they determine that? Gee I don't know, maybe viewers to that point.

If you think 1 loss Ohio State doesn't make it in over 1 loss TCU you may have rocks in your head. And if that's not the point, why are you trolling my post?

I am on your side dude. TCU could get screwed even if they go undefeated! My point is total viewers who have watched teams has more to do with national T.V., Time Slots, Networks versus Cable, and competition for ratings or games on at the same time as another game. Total views is not a fair statistic to be used. TCU gets lower ratings than giant state schools with huge alumni is a fact and why we got screwed and will again. The Blue Blood fake rule is real. I am just saying be fair to the argument and that use of ratings is so blatant and biased you hurt our cause.

SuperTFrog

In my opinion, all things being equal there are about 15 teams that could make the CFP. The blue bloods. If there are 7 one loss teams, 3 one loss teams in one category (TCU, Virginia Tech and Washington State) and 4 one loss teams in a second category (Michigan, Alabama, USC and Oklahoma), the latter 4 will get in EVERY SINGLE time. There is no bias against TCU, there is a bias against every school that is not UT, LSU, Bama, Michigan, Ohio St, Florida state, Georgia, USC, etc. The rules may be unwritten, but they are rules none the less.

Surfrog

Good grief. There are 6 games left in the season, we are HALF WAY. Last year, Baylor went 6-0, then went 0-6. A lot can still happen. Just win every game by one point and the outcome will take care of itself.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
We should have a cage match battle royal dodge ball game on ice between the Conspiracy Against TCU people and the CFP Committee Only Deals in Logic crowd.

It's really the only way to settle this.

I will referee.

In my opinion, all things being equal there are about 15 teams that could make the CFP. The blue bloods. If there are 7 one loss teams, 3 one loss teams in one category (TCU, Virginia Tech and Washington State) and 4 one loss teams in a second category (Michigan, Alabama, USC and Oklahoma), the latter 4 will get in EVERY SINGLE time. There is no bias against TCU, there is a bias against every school that is not UT, LSU, Bama, Michigan, Ohio St, Florida state, Georgia, USC, etc. The rules may be unwritten, but they are rules none the less.
Those aren't rules in the sense of being objective criteria for selecting the field of 4. Your rules as stated are subjective. And I think almost everybody agrees with that -- There is bias. We may differ in magnitude of the bias.
For example I'm not 100% certain that the bias is not enough to keep us out even undefeated. Yes I'm saying there's a chance (small) we get screwed even even if we are undefeated. As mentioned earlier, what if Bama loses in CCG (12-1), UGA (13-0) wins out along with Clemson (12-1), PSU/tOSU (13-0/12-1) and ND (11-1) and little ole TCU (13-0). I'm not 100% convinced we are in given that scenario. More than likely we are, but 6 potential entrants for 4 slots and only one is a not Bama/BIG/tOSU/SEC etc....

I am for TCU finally getting our shot. Other than that I hope a version of the above plays out to create mass chaos and highlight the absurdity of this system.

Good grief. There are 6 games left in the season, we are HALF WAY. Last year, Baylor went 6-0, then went 0-6. A lot can still happen. Just win every game by one point and the outcome will take care of itself.

We r 7 and 0 maybe you forgot Kansas since we finally whooped them so Only five conference left then big 12 champ then two playoff games.

Surfrog

We r 7 and 0 maybe you forgot Kansas since we finally whooped them so Only five conference left then big 12 champ then two playoff games.

Still 6 games left with the B12 championship game. Point is, a lot of football left to be played. Why give a [ Finebaum ] right now? stupid argument

ifrog

To clarify, I was meaning people who believe that if we go undefeated we will NOT be in also think Robinson should be the starter. There is absolutely no rational thinker that should believe either of those to be true. If someone thinks an undefeated TCU gets left out, they cannot be reasoned with.

You could just mentioned Jefffrog1993 without being passive aggressive bahaha

ifrog

And that's because this committee is a clownshow. TCU's resume only got better between the next to last week and the last week, and they were dropped 3 spots by the clowns and behind Baylor who they had been ahead of for weeks. Apologize all you want for that committee, but they were/are a joke.

He wasn’t apologizing. Maybe try reading his post.

It would be everyone against one. Nobody has seen Todd and Wexahu at the same time.

Everyone kept asking me if I am still looking for a village? I never knew what it meant until now. I went to a restaurant in Columbia called village idiot pizza! I am the village idiot!!! I always wanted to be somebody and now I am!