• The KillerFrogs

Disturbing story involving Oregon State's best pitcher

Ron Swanson

Just announced they aren't playing him. SIAP.
E1AE8016-3B69-42E9-85C3-44475662FFBA_zpsdgucjtct.jpg

froginmn

Look, it's probably as disgusting and appalling as our initial reactions suggest.

But I am a little uncomfortable damning a kid to hell with a he said/she said involving a 13-15 year old and 4-6 year old. The one thing I picked up on that gave me a little pause is the comment by the mother about how the family all sided with the boy's family. Maybe they're all delusional. I don't know. I just wanted someone to interject into this that there's always a chance that there's more to the story. Kid got about as lenient a sentence as they could've given him. It's possible there's more to the story. It's possible, and I hope, he's been rehabbed.

I'm sure I'll get attacked by some of you who ignore the premise up top and respond to a portion of the middle. Oh well .
Regardless of anything else and i saw your first and last comments, the term "he said she said" in this context makes me ill. If you want to say there is a possibility of a false accusation that is one thing, but that was a terrible choice of words.

swimmerbabe11

Why is he said/She said a bad choice of words? Granted, he admitted to inappropriate (detestable) conduct.

However, the fact of the matter is that rape/molestation is the only crime that the victim has to prove that they were hurt. Most cases of this sort are based on one person's word against the other.

Unfortunate, but true.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
He. Molested. A. Six. Year. Old.

Six.

I can excuse a lot of things teenagers do. But that ain't one of them. Not from a high school sophomore. Hell, he was old enough to drive.

I don't condone what he did, but if this guy was punished and leads a clean life, should he he be forced to suffer for this for another 60 years?

What does the Bible say about casting stones?

Pharm Frog

I don't condone what he did, but if this guy was punished and leads a clean life, should he he be forced to suffer for this for another 60 years?

What does the Bible say about casting stones?

If you want to advance your point on this, I'm not sure the Bible is where you want to source your material.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
If you want to advance your point on this, I'm not sure the Bible is where you want to source your material.

Why is that? People were stoning a sinner and it seems a lot of people are are doing the same here.

I am not condoning the offending behavior. I'm just asking if someone deserves to be castigated (not the spelling some are looking for, probably), for the rest of his life for his behavior at 15 if he lives right.

If he grows up to be the second coming of Bill Cosby, that's different.

MTfrog5

That's a pretty good statement but that dude seriously just got probation and counseling? He abused a 6 year old for two years starting when she was 4 and got probation??? You've got to be kidding

Pharm Frog

Why is that? People were stoning a sinner and it seems a lot of people are are doing the same here.

I am not condoning the offending behavior. I'm just asking if someone deserves to be castigated (not the spelling some are looking for, probably), for the rest of his life for his behavior at 15 if he lives right.

If he grows up to be the second coming of Bill Cosby, that's different.

People were stoning a sinner who had not had been subjected to the laws and customs of the day (including the 23 judges of the authorized to hand down capital punishment) nor had the required two witnesses been interviewed nor had the other offending party been subjected to the judicial process. If people want to cherry-pick verses and develop doctrine from them without exegesis and textual criticism, it's a pretty slippery slope into making it all into the absence of doctrine.

Bringing it back to the pitcher from OSU, the court had its say (unlike the mob in the biblical example). I feel a significantly greater degree of compassion for the girl that he apparently molested over a period of time. I feel none for him and I will never support any team (MLB or other) that employs him.