• The KillerFrogs

Chip Kelly to the Eagles

TX_Krötenechse

But how many of the staff will go with Kelly and how many will the OC-[Craig James]-HC keep around? For TJ and other recruits there is some serious uncertainty about who their position coaches will be.

Edit - come on now profanity filter, I was using that word in the Latin sense, not the normal/vulgar sense.

Nomo

With Kelly as the one who did all of the playcalling, do you take that chance? Does Oregon decide to go another direction? Does he follow Kelly?

To me he gets a look but that is a big risk.

It was announced during their bowl game that Mark Helfrich was their coach in waiting

DickBumpastache

Helfrich was Kelly's guy. Just common sense.

And Oregon doesn't lose all its appeal just because Kelly leaves. I'm pretty sure Phil Knight is still going to support the program, and I'm pretty sure all the ridiculous facilities are staying there.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being

And Oregon doesn't lose all its appeal just because Kelly leaves. I'm pretty sure Phil Knight is still going to support the program, and I'm pretty sure all the ridiculous facilities are staying there.

My guess is that since they were going to promote Helfrich last year when Kelly was going to go to tampa Bay, Knight's already signed off on the move.

cdsfrog

Of course not, best to get out now though before sanctions like Pete Carroll did.

cdsfrog

Oregon went from irrelevant for however to a top 5 program in a blink of the eye.

Sanctions will come at some point.

FrogSwagSurfin

A friend of mine that worked for a professional recruiter, just like LSU's, told me at some point Oregon will be in some trouble. He said many of the Houston kids they picked up was done in a non NCAA legal manner