• The KillerFrogs

Waymon is out for the year

FROGDADDY

Can anybody's? Isn't there a reason they are a 2 or 3 whether they are UT, OU, etc? Sounds like you bought into the rhetoric.

Except that our #2 is really #1B and has over 2000 career yards, and #'s 3 and 4 were a Parade All American and one of the top 3 RB's in Texas their SR year. We're fine people.

The depth issue is worrisome. I think our starters can all compete with the best of the Big 12, however when our #1's come out for a rest, will the #2's and #3's be able to compete at the same level?

It is more like #3s, can they come in and do the job. #2s are playing if not starting by now...

But your depth is the #3s. SWC era TCU stunk because they only uses the #1s and sometimes the #2s...they never thought about maybe #3s are important and possibly rotating players during the game is important to keep players fresh throughout the game and season. Franchoine came in and changed that thought process.

angelo's frog

All I can tell you guys is this...until Monday evening late the extent of the injury was thought to be minor. According to the tests results something unexpected was shown. All of the physical diagnosis on the field and after the game did not support with the medical test showed. I was told no one will really know the extent of the injury until the docs can go in and take a look

Okay. Apparently, we have differences of opinion on the reading of the MRI or whatever it is they are looking at so they scope it to take a look and fix it while they're in there if there is a tear. If not, they say take a couple of weeks off and go from there. That sounds plausible to me. At least it leaves a glimmer of hope.

Chew

I was an athletic training student for football in the 06-07 season. I remember one student trainer, a senior, being released from the program for talking about things that shouldn’t have been talked about regarding injuries… Something to do with HIPPA violations. I just want to put it out there that all you people with "sources" that work as medical staff for the team are doing a bad job at keeping their jobs safe. I really don’t feel like looking up the HIPPA regulation, but if I recall correctly only the patient can release information about their condition. I think that people can speak on their behalf if given permission from the person that was treated by the Dr. and staff. Then again it was 6 years ago that I last brushed up on those regulations and rules.

on another note

If WJ is out, i'm sure someone else will step up and keep us moving the right direction as far as the RB position is concerned. We are pretty tallented in the RB department.

angelo's frog

Just goes to show you that reading these images is more of an art than a science. Sometimes opinions differ and sometimes, you can get a group of doctors together and they will all tell you that they don't really know what it is that they're seeing. They will give you a list of what it might be but tell you that someone will have to go in and take a look at to be sure.

Planks

Can anybody's? Isn't there a reason they are a 2 or 3 whether they are UT, OU, etc? Sounds like you bought into the rhetoric.

The difference is that UT and OU didn't lose 19 players this offseason for non-graduation reasons. Our poor depth is because of the terrible offseason we had, not because of the usual rhetoric about non-AQs lacking depth.

Runningback is a good example. The reason losing James hurts so bad is that we already lost Wesley this offseason.

FROGDADDY

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1348066065' post='1229360']

Just goes to show you that reading these images is more of an art than a science. Sometimes opinions differ and sometimes, you can get a group of doctors together and they will all tell you that they don't really know what it is that they're seeing. They will give you a list of what it might be but tell you that someone will have to go in and take a look at to be sure.
[/quote]

Had a stress fracture in my elbow that took X-rays, 2 MRI, a bone scan, and 2 very reputable surgeon's opinions to diagnose. It was decided I should rest/rehab for 2 months and then resume throwing. Refractured it on the 4th ball I threw and ended up requiring two surgeries because reputable surgeon #1 botched the first one. Draw your own conclusions.

back_in_black

Moderators
The depth issue is worrisome. I think our starters can all compete with the best of the Big 12, however when our #1's come out for a rest, will the #2's and #3's be able to compete at the same level?

#3 is more talented than #1 or #2 in my opinion. I feel horrible for James if this really is true and can't wait to get him back but I just don't see a big drop in production based on the depth we have.

FROGDADDY

The difference is that UT and OU didn't lose 19 players this offseason for non-graduation reasons. Our poor depth is because of the terrible offseason we had, not because of the usual rhetoric about non-AQs lacking depth.

Runningback is a good example. The reason losing James hurts so bad is that we already lost Wesley this offseason.

Funny thing is that our depth has proven to be quite good so far. Our thinnest positions are currently being filled by two freshman OL who are arguably the best two young OL we've had in a long time, a walk on LB who happened to be Big 12 player of the week last week, and a 3 year letterman with over 2000 yards rushing. I'd say our depth is damn good (so far).

FrogFrog

All I can tell you guys is this...until Monday evening late the extent of the injury was thought to be minor. According to the tests results something unexpected was shown. All of the physical diagnosis on the field and after the game did not support with the medical test showed. I was told no one will really know the extent of the injury until the docs can go in and take a look

dumbtheresachance.gif