• The KillerFrogs

Waymon is out for the year

f_399

If true, next one in line just needs to step up.

It will show what the team is really made off. One of the things critics were talking about playing in the Big 12, depth, lets see how deep the talent really is.

If false, awesome.

SnoSki

I gave up Whataburger and Shiner for this!? Darrrr!

But think of the good things from it so far:

- Pachall/Boykin starting 17/17
- Pachall leads nation in QB efficiency by a loooong way
- Hasley looks like he can actually play
- Pierson looks like a monster
- Fields has had some really good moments
- No TDs given up yet through 8 quarters
- Brandon Carter has emerged even stronger than he was last year.
- Bright future for Deante Grey
- Sam Carter can play defense after all

Have hope! Even if Waymon is out it's not like the NCAA or NFL in 1990 when there is one RB who carries the entire load.

Planks

Agreed 100%, but I'll take his word until there is something official from the team or a credible source. His info to me was from this morning, but did say that he left yesterday before everyone was out of there. but that would mean that this news didn't come out all of Monday and most of Tuesday. just don't see this happening

The way the OP and others have posted the rumor makes it seem like the extent of James' injury wasn't discovered until late last night, and that it came as a surprise.

Young and Horned

Norman Bates!

Who needs to die to please the football Gods? What the hell did we do to deserve this?

To Waymon, I am so sorry for you young man. Hope your rehab goes completely according to plan and that you are able to make a full recovery.

prockstar

All I can tell you guys is this...until Monday evening late the extent of the injury was thought to be minor. According to the tests results something unexpected was shown. All of the physical diagnosis on the field and after the game did not support with the medical test showed. I was told no one will really know the extent of the injury until the docs can go in and take a look

FROGDADDY

GP's comments were made Tuesday. Pretty current and based on medical review and how James feels. Jeesh.

In the AFTERNOON. Still quite a bit of time left in the day for updates. I have NO IDEA if the OP is legit or if WJ is out, but those of you ruling out the possibility based on some timeline of events are doing some serious wishful thinking.

froginmn

All I can tell you guys is this...until Monday evening late the extent of the injury was thought to be minor. According to the tests results something unexpected was shown. All of the physical diagnosis on the field and after the game did not support with the medical test showed. I was told no one will really know the extent of the injury until the docs can go in and take a look
I just read in the last 9 pages that the guys on this board were able to diagnose the injury by watching the clip. Now you're telling me different? :ph34r:

anom

In the AFTERNOON. Still quite a bit of time left in the day for updates. I have NO IDEA if the OP IIs legit or if WJ is out, but those of you ruling out the possibility based on some timeline of events are doing some serious wishful thinking.

Absolutely wishful! :) However, until something official comes out I'll carry on with my day expecting him to be back at least in a few weeks, if not sooner.

Pharm Frog

I think this is the most plausible explanation of all. But what would I know?

GothamFrog

If true, next one in line just needs to step up.

It will show what the team is really made off. One of the things critics were talking about playing in the Big 12, depth, lets see how deep the talent really is.

If false, awesome.

The depth issue is worrisome. I think our starters can all compete with the best of the Big 12, however when our #1's come out for a rest, will the #2's and #3's be able to compete at the same level?

itsalizard

The depth issue is worrisome. I think our starters can all compete with the best of the Big 12, however when our #1's come out for a rest, will the #2's and #3's be able to compete at the same level?
Can anybody's? Isn't there a reason they are a 2 or 3 whether they are UT, OU, etc? Sounds like you bought into the rhetoric.