• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans

Mean Purple

Here's another thing -- when GP was young, we constantly heard about him working 17 hour days, out working everybody, etc. Now all we hear about is hobnobbing with celebrities, African safaris etc. We never hear any more about how hard he or the staff works. Maybe the country club atmosphere has also infected the staff as well as the players? Anyone have any insight here?
Pretty sure his safaris happened on vacation. Which they usually take in the few weeks they are away from football.

TCUWIN

This is the worst part for me. I was heckling back and forth with some UT fans the other day--the very morning our game with them, as it happened. One of them quipped GP had been a good coach in the Mountain West. I fundamentally believe that there was no reason our program's upward trajectory couldn't have continued, and GP couldn't have proved all the doubters wrong by building TCU into the perennial number 2-3 program in the conference, with a championship every so often. He was in position to do it circa 2015. Why didn't we?

a) TCU is institutionally incapable
b) GP isn't actually good, but just teed off on MWC garbage who couldn't recruit the state of Texas for still comparatively quality leftovers
c) he's a tragically flawed figure whose drive to "prove 'em wrong" ultimately lost out in the conflict with his cronyism

I believe it is the latter of these, but doubters and haters will say one or both of the former and we can't point to anything that disproves them. That just sucks.

It's this what you wanted, Gary?
I believe Patterson WAS good. But he started sharing his info with people and people have adjusted. He has not. Nothing special…just had something people didn’t know about. He has grown complacent. The program has grown stale.

Mean Purple

Mean, you think you can contribute anything by giving us facts? Come on, get in the game. Fabricate something new for us.
your reply there is idiotic at best. his safaris have been during the normal vacation times that coaches take.

i mean, what the crap, dude?

Brog

your reply there is idiotic at best. his safaris have been during the normal vacation times that coaches take.

Mean, this dismal performance today must have damaged your thinking. I was actually complimenting you for having made a sensible statement about GP"s "safaris". I'll try to be clearer next time.