• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans

Mean Purple

Too many of you are even more out of touch than Gary is. Kids have changed, the game has changed, society has changed…. again, THIS IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE. What you guys are asking for doesn’t exist anymore. The only fix is winning enough to not be bothered by it.
anybody who played on a football team knows you change that attitude starting day 1. which is what they still do at current winning programs

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
The only problem I have is when Zach said losing don't have [ Finebaum ] to do with him. Doesn't matter how great he is, you win and lose as a team.

How many tds did he score against West Virginia? Oh that's right, none.

Where was he at when we needed him in the close losses to smu and texas? Oh that's right, he was standing on the sideline because he was "tired". Get out of here with that [ Finebaum ].

LisaLT

I seem to remember when Charlie Strong took over at UT, he cleaned house of players who had “bad attitudes” and tried to create a better culture down there. I think it’s much harder to accomplish with higher rated kids who have big egos. I admired him for that even though in the end he was not successful in Austin. When GP was at his most successful, he looked for the hungry kids who had talent but were not highly recruited 4 or 5 star kids. They were excited to come to TCU and played hard. We were winning in those days.

Mean Purple

I get what you are saying but it’s not as if the head coach models this concept
this is a whole different issue. the player just basically goes out and says others on the team are what is losing. and takes it outside the locker room.

that hurts team chemistry bad. the rest of the team is gonna notice that. that's earhole in practice material.

just a real bad move.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I'm more upset about the players who stayed up until the wee hours of the morning posting on Instagram the night/morning before the last game.

Are we still footing the tab for the team to stay off-campus in a cushy hotel the night before home games?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I'm more upset about the players who stayed up until the wee hours of the morning posting on Instagram the night/morning before the last game.

Are we still footing the tab for the team to stay off-campus in a cushy hotel the night before home games?
That's all the time now. Every night Derius is posting stuff at 2/3/4 in the morning.