• The KillerFrogs

Zach Allen QB from Temple TX

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Does anybody have less of a clue than "Feisty?"

Why anyone listens to this jag off is beyond me...

Wow, jealosy doesn't become you at all.

Wonder how many knew TCU was even after Zach before I posted TCU was making a last minute push on him?

Good pick up for the coaches and glad they got him to change his mind, looks like a great pick up. Trent Dilfer had a lot of great things to say about him in the Elite 11.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
More on Allen:

Junior year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYPFJhUE4S8

ESPN analysis (not great, but think he really improved his SR year after this)

ESPN Analyst
Updated 08/08/2012
Allen is a deceptively athletic pocket passer in the spread offense that is capable of making things happen with his legs, but is not a dynamic threat. He is a passer first, runner second with nice pocket savvy to elude and extend plays. He is well built with a wiry, but strong frame that is only going to get bigger and stronger -- we like his measurable upside. He gets set quickly and shows quick feet in the pocket. Has good arm strength, puts good zip on downfield passes and flashes the ability to throw into tight spaces. Puts good touch on passes when he is not rushed and balanced to set his feet, flashes the ability to lead receivers and can be extremely efficient when gets into a rhythm. Buys a lot of second-chance passing opportunities with his feet. Is an efficient passer when on the run and is extremely difficult to defend when he breaks contain. Is almost always in the shotgun and he gets good depth to see the field and read progressions. Allen possesses adequate-to-good arm strength especially to underneath and some intermediate areas. He seems to lose zip and power the further downfield he goes with the ball. Release is quick, but also somewhat tense. Overall accuracy is sound and he does a nice job leading and hitting the strikezone on a consistent basis. With Allen you have an efficient player that may not "wow" in any one area, but there are physical tools to mold and hone here. He is a bit of a late-bloomer that will really benefit from a redshirt year and time in the weightroom. Good player that will likely see a mix of low end BCS/non-BCS level attention.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Thing I like most on this kid is his quick release. He doesn't hold the ball high while making his reads but gets to a release position in a blink and lets it go quickly. Arm strength needs improvement but that will come.

jake102

2014: Muehlstein or Sawyer.

Stop whining, girls.

Sawyer please. Although, Muehlstein ain't bad.

I'd love a Pachall to Matthews to Sawyer/Muehlstein transition. Pocket passer to pocket passer to pocket passer.

Our current situation is Dalton to Pachall to Boykin to Pachall.... Dual threat with emphasis on passing to pocket passer to true dual threat to pocket passer.

SnoSki

The thing I like the most about this is that he is on campus for the spring. This is huge is QB development, and gives us needed depth in the event Casey doesn't make it back for some reason.

frognutz

The thing I like the most about this is that he is on campus for the spring. This is huge is QB development, and gives us needed depth in the event Casey doesn't make it back for some reason.

Boyce leaving and a QB prospect switching commitments last minute. Is there something we don't know? Maybe the top of the depth chart is missing someone.

Regardless, congratulations Zach!

10 Key Frog

The Boyce switch worries me, the QB switch not at all. Pachall only has one year left.

Yeah Pachall has no beating on Allen at all. Actually Pachall not coming back could potentially be worse for Allen. If Pachall didn't come back its Matthews/Boykin next year when Allen redshirts instead of him in a battle for starting spot in 2014.

frognutz

Yeah Pachall has no beating on Allen at all. Actually Pachall not coming back could potentially be worse for Allen. If Pachall didn't come back its Matthews/Boykin next year when Allen redshirts instead of him in a battle for starting spot in 2014.

most confusing post ever.

jake102

most confusing post ever.

If Pachall comes back next year, Boykin/Matthews/Allen will all be battling for a starting spot in 2014 without starting the previous year. If Pachall doesn't come back, either Boykin or Matthews will start in 2013 and it will be hard for Allen to over-take in 2014.