• The KillerFrogs

You wanted the playoffs? You got it.

Sebastian S

Knock BM's head off.
FmAnWge.gif

West Coast Johnny

The premise that the winner of the TCU / OU game controls their own destiny is flawed. The winner will emerge as a potential one loss conference champion will have to potentially compete with the following:
1. SEC champion (Alabama or Georgia)
2. Undefeated Big 10 (Wisconsin)
3. ACC champion (Clemson or Miami)
4. Notre Dame

So even if TCU wins out - we may be left sucking hind-teet if the status quo holds. We need either Wisconsin and / or ND to lose and even if they do, we would likely be bounced by the 12 - 1 SEC runner up and potentially a one loss Washington Pac 12 champion.

Raw Frog

The premise that the winner of the TCU / OU game controls their own destiny is flawed. The winner will emerge as a potential one loss conference champion will have to potentially compete with the following:
4. Notre Dame

So even if TCU wins out - we may be left sucking hind-teet if the status quo holds. We need either Wisconsin and / or ND to lose and even if they do, we would likely be bounced by the 12 - 1 SEC runner up and potentially a one loss Washington Pac 12 champion.

This type of scenario is why they only have a 4 team playoff, as it allows them to do the picking-- as opposed to the deserving teams playing their way in...

Wexahu

4. Notre Dame

I think at this point the likelihood of a 2-loss Big 12 champion making it is greater than a 1-loss champion not making it.

Sebastian S

4. Notre Dame

In theory, that is correct.

I am going off reality and possibility.

Does anyone think Wisconsin can beat whoever comes out of the east, be it OSU, Penn State or Mich St? I am leaning towards no. They may even lose to Iowa - the FIRST ranked team they play.

For now I have this realistically happening:
1. SEC Champ
2. ACC Champ
3. ND
4. Big 12 champ

6. Big 10 champ
7. Pac 12 champ

So yes. The big 12 controls their own destiny.

Last edited:

BleedNPurple

Just when it looks like we have Mayfield pinned he’ll take off running and gash us for yardage - we cannot let that happen. Somebody has to cover BM and not allow him to keep drives alive!

Frog DJ

I’m certainly no expert, and it’s just my opinion, but I get the distinct impression that the CFP committee is impossible to predict, and that no team or conference truly controls its own destiny in this situation.

And just for emphasis: That’s just my uneducated guess.

Go Frogs!

Wexahu

Unless there is chaos, the only 2 loss team that could possibly get in is Auburn, how likely is that to happen? Very unlikely.

I’m predicting some chaos. Things hardly ever happen the way everyone thinks they will. What if Wisconsin loses? What if Notre Dame beats Miami and then loses to someone else and Washington also loses?