• The KillerFrogs

Yesterday's Attendance

Big Frog II

It really was so much more enjoyable yesterday with limited Texas Tech fans in attendance. Thanks to ADJD. What I found puzzling was the area we are required to make available to the opposing conference fans. There were hundreds of empty seats around their band. Their fans complained about not being able to purchase single tickets for the game, but failed to even use up their own allotment.

Need to continue to use this strategy in the future for football and basketball.

Brog

It really was so much more enjoyable yesterday with limited Texas Tech fans in attendance. Thanks to ADJD. What I found puzzling was the area we are required to make available to the opposing conference fans. There were hundreds of empty seats around their band. Their fans complained about not being able to purchase single tickets for the game, but failed to even use up their own allotment.

Need to continue to use this strategy in the future for football and basketball.
I agree it's sure nice not to have some of those obnoxious ones around us, but have to ask, doesn't this reduce the amount of $$ we have coming in, and don't we need it?

Chongo94

I agree it's sure nice not to have some of those obnoxious ones around us, but have to ask, doesn't this reduce the amount of $$ we have coming in, and don't we need it?
Well if they were forced to buy three game tickets just to attend one game, it would seem that the money coming in wouldn’t be affected that much. However, I have no idea how all that works or worked this weekend.

TCU2002

What was the actual effect on the crowd size? Same crowd as typical for Tech, with more people in purple?

Or, as some Tech fans seem to be claiming, that we just didn’t sell the tickets at all and there were more empty seats where 5K additional Tech fans would have been?

Last edited:

SportsJunkie

I wasn't able to get tickets yesterday like normal through TCU site. Didn't go because I didn't want to overpay for 5 tickets for my family on Stubhub. Maybe had it been a 2pm game then we could have made a day out of it and I would have overpaid.
Are Tech fans able to get tix off TCU site somehow and that's why they didn't allow single game tickets like usual this game?

Big Frog II

What was the actual effect on the crowd size? Same crowd as typical for Tech, with more people in purple.

Or, as some Tech fans seem to be claiming, that we just didn’t sell the tickets at all and there were more empty seats where 5K additional Tech fans would have been?
There were only a couple of thousand not sold through the 3 game package. Again, the Texas Tech fans could have gone through their own school for tickets, but failed to do so. That left empty seats around their band. That was strange.

Big Frog II

Since we have had such great crowds this year, people are going to have to learn to get in the stadium earlier. Ever since they started scanning them it take much longer to get people inside. I can't tell you how many people are still trying to get in through the first quarter.

BBG817

Great job by administration to try and protect home field advantage, controlling what you can to give the athletes the chance to be most successful. The exposure the school gets this week and next likely more than offsets any financial gain of tickets for the game yesterday.

They have much larger inventory of tickets they control on the secondary market than in past years because of what they did heading into the years with reseller accounts.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Since we have had such great crowds this year, people are going to have to learn to get in the stadium earlier. Ever since they started scanning them it take much longer to get people inside. I can't tell you how many people are still trying to get in through the first quarter.
Were all the gates opened & sufficiently manned?