• The KillerFrogs

Yahoo! Sports: Jaden Rashada visiting TCU this weekend, several new schools in touch

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Jaden Rashada visiting TCU this weekend, several new schools in touch​

Tim Weaver

7add46a867a73a96cf45c000fdbdeb14

Florida officially released Jaden Rashada from his National Letter of Intent last week, freeing the four-star quarterback prospect to open up his recruitment again. The relationship between Rashada and the Gators deteriorated over a reported $13 million NIL deal that was rescinded.

Despite the controversy, Rashada is now once again one of the hottest high school recruits in the country. He still has 32 offers to choose from, including national powerhouses like LSU, Ole Miss and Texas A&M.

According to Keegan Pope at On3, several new programs are in touch with Rashada, as well. That list includes Washington, California, South Carolina, Utah and Nebraska. Rashada also has a visit scheduled for TCU this weekend.

Read more at https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/jaden-rashada-visiting-tcu-weekend-012352286.html

hometown frog

Maybe just me but I would be concerned about this guy.
Why. If somebody offers you an insane amount of money and then backs out of that offer once you commit to go there, wouldn’t you get upset and want to step back from your commitment? Don’t know much else about him but getting out of his NLI to Florida because the 13M NIL fell thru shines negative light on Florida and not on the player.

fanatical frog

Article lost me at "national powerhouses like LSU, Ole Miss and Texas A&M."

You have to wonder about some of the people writing these articles......whoever wrote the article in Athlon sports ranking UT as the team to beat this fall in the B12 obviously wasn't aware that Arch Manning will take this year as a development year....therefore his cleats will not hit the turf while the clock is running this season.

FrogCop19

You have to wonder about some of the people writing these articles......whoever wrote the article in Athlon sports ranking UT as the team to beat this fall in the B12 obviously wasn't aware that Arch Manning will take this year as a development year....therefore his cleats will not hit the turf while the clock is running this season.
You poor, poor soul...I guess you hadn't heard, but...

images

froginmn

Why. If somebody offers you an insane amount of money and then backs out of that offer once you commit to go there, wouldn’t you get upset and want to step back from your commitment? Don’t know much else about him but getting out of his NLI to Florida because the 13M NIL fell thru shines negative light on Florida and not on the player.
Understand this, but I think there's also some hesitation about a guy who is choosing colleges solely based on NIL (which appears to have been the case with UF). There's potential Shawn Robinson 2.0...

CountryFrog

I'm going to say there's a 51% chance he signs with TCU on Wednesday.

If he doesn't sign with anyone on Wednesday then that likely means he's entertaining more offers and the Frogs are probably out of the picture.

Big weekend for Dykes, Briles, Kelly and crew with Jaden and lots of big time 2024 prospects on campus.

CountryFrog

Understand this, but I think there's also some hesitation about a guy who is choosing colleges solely based on NIL (which appears to have been the case with UF). There's potential Shawn Robinson 2.0...
Except if he chooses either Arizona St or TCU then it will have virtually nothing to do with NIL because TCU isn't going to commit a large amount to a freshman and it sounds like Arizona St isn't going to commit any money at all.

Also, there's potential for Shawn Robinson 2.0 in virtually every HS kid that comes in here. But that was a totally different staff that oversaw the Robinson debacle. We need to look at Sonny's track record with QB's which is fantastic and not the failings of Patterson and Cumbie. If Sonny wants this kid then you should want him too.

BleedNPurple

Potential Zach Evans 2.0 but there’s no sign that we have a QB on our roster that can make it through a season injury free. The QB competition needs to be wide open and give Rashada a chance to prove he can be the starter.

froginmn

Except if he chooses either Arizona St or TCU then it will have virtually nothing to do with NIL because TCU isn't going to commit a large amount to a freshman and it sounds like Arizona St isn't going to commit any money at all.

Also, there's potential for Shawn Robinson 2.0 in virtually every HS kid that comes in here. But that was a totally different staff that oversaw the Robinson debacle. We need to look at Sonny's track record with QB's which is fantastic and not the failings of Patterson and Cumbie. If Sonny wants this kid then you should want him too.
Ok there's absolutely no reason why anyone should have any concerns about a kid.

Sorry

CountryFrog

Ok there's absolutely no reason why anyone should have any concerns about a kid.

Sorry
That's actuality the opposite of what I would tell someone. There are concerns about literally every single kid who comes on campus both on and off the field. My point here would be there is no reason to be irrationally concerned about this particular kid more than any other simply because he said "yes" when someone offered him many millions of dollars.

Additionally, especially as it pertains specifically to the QB position, Sonny Dykes has a very long and proven track record of making good decisions with QB's. That obviously doesn't mean every single QB he recruits is destined to be an NFL hall of famer. But he knows infinitely more about this kid than any of us do so a degree of trust is warranted and has been earned.

Palliative Care

Often it is not just a problem concerning an individual but also his family and/ or influencers that leads to bad outcomes. His situation in Florida as many people have pointed out was not of his own making. In fact leaving it all behind was a good move and the right thing to do. I have no expectations that this individual has any problems that he brings with him. Whether he works out here or not should be judged by the same criteria that all such young men go through as they visit various programs. Was it right or not for both parties. The NIL is a problem and it taints the athletes with the idea that all they seek is gold.

FrogCop19

Often it is not just a problem concerning an individual but also his family and/ or influencers that leads to bad outcomes. His situation in Florida as many people have pointed out was not of his own making. In fact leaving it all behind was a good move and the right thing to do. I have no expectations that this individual has any problems that he brings with him. Whether he works out here or not should be judged by the same criteria that all such young men go through as they visit various programs. Was it right or not for both parties. The NIL is a problem and it taints the athletes with the idea that all they seek is gold.
And unfortunately what these kids aren't seeing is that some of these places are either fool's gold, or gold paint over lead bricks.

froginmn

That's actuality the opposite of what I would tell someone. There are concerns about literally every single kid who comes on campus both on and off the field. My point here would be there is no reason to be irrationally concerned about this particular kid more than any other simply because he said "yes" when someone offered him many millions of dollars.

Additionally, especially as it pertains specifically to the QB position, Sonny Dykes has a very long and proven track record of making good decisions with QB's. That obviously doesn't mean every single QB he recruits is destined to be an NFL hall of famer. But he knows infinitely more about this kid than any of us do so a degree of trust is warranted and has been earned.
And that's fine. It's also a message board where people express opinions about individual kids. And the nature of this board is that the kids they express opinions about happen to be kids who TCU is looking at. Nobody comments on this board about hesitation with Rutgers offering someone.

No reason to act like people can't/shouldn't have opinions but you're jumping on people for exactly that.

This kid in particular apparently committed to a school he didn't want to go to if not for the (illegal, pre-commit) offer of a lot of NIL money to commit. Now he got released, and a couple people are turned off about bringing him here (maybe for fear that he'd leave if another school (illegally) offers him more should he have success). I don't think that's "irrational" concern.