• The KillerFrogs

Why don't the players police themselves?

Frog89

What's disappointing is that Patterson and his coaching staff weren't linked in with any of the leaders on the team. Patterson had to find out from a recruit what was happening with his team. That's nearly as disappointing as players dealing and using drugs.

Weren't linked in with any leaders on the team? What a ridiculous and malicious statement on your part. Unless the numbers have changed, it sounds like 5 people failed the test. The Fox 4 story about drug arrest comparisons to all other Texas universities over last 4 years also confirms that TCU is in much better shape that every other Texas university. It doesn't mean people at TCU, including football players, who want to smoke and deal pot won't still do it. But it does mean the numbers at TCU seem to be far lower than just about anywhere else.

I know you like to crap all over TCU just about every day, but this is one of your least impressive attempts at this stupid little game. Stick to your predictions of the Frogs getting blown out on the field. At least then, it's not such a serious topic when you say something stupid. When 90+% of your football team supposedly passes a random drug test in the off-season, I think that says plenty about what's really going on at TCU with the program and with the coaching staff.

OldSchoolFrog

I had a chance to speak with a couple of the players sitting around me at the baseball game this weekend. Really didn't drill into them, other than to remind them of the OU homer article comments where someone said "look out Big 12 a buzzsaw is coming". My gut tells me the cleaning of house, and message will drive some leadership to the top. You could just see it. A lot more athletes hanging out together at the game.

Last thing I said was "a lot of people in this town love you guys, this will pass". Smiles all the way around. ...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Along these lines, I talked with a former player on Saturday who is trying to get the recent players to take a more active mentoring role, particularly those that are in the NFL now. He says there are some entitlement problems and the players now don't realize what all it took to reach this level during the past 10 years. They are spoiled with the new lockers that are coming, the new training facilities, the new stadium etc.

Gary himself has said that's his only worry about all the new facilities, they'll lose that chip on their shoulder.

He wants a key player for each of the positions, like Kerley for receivers, and is trying to get the NFL players that are here now, like Dalton and Washington behind it, and be better role models.

A lot for former players are very upset at what's gone down.

Have they not had the Leadership Council the used to have?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
What's disappointing is that Patterson and his coaching staff weren't linked in with any of the leaders on the team. Patterson had to find out from a recruit what was happening with his team. That's nearly as disappointing as players dealing and using drugs.

Players policing themselves would not involve telling the coaches unless there was something at a point where they felt that was necessary.

VictoryLap

The players told that cop they used to get supply from former players :eek:hmy: alert the presses!

Yeah, news flash.

Players, students- are going to smoke the mj. I would say that if they are going to be getting it from somewhere, I would much rather them get it from their fellow classmates than have to roll over to Como and be a fish out of water. That is when the really bad stuff can happen.