• The KillerFrogs

When did Baylor become a Rival?

FrogLifeYo

Also, after finishing the book Violated, it’s worse than hate, now combined with sadness, grief etc. for the 27 layers of toxic, backward, 14th century Inquisition level type leadership & lemmings that passes for an administration down there.
I wonder if any Baylor people have actually read the book

Ron Swanson

I’ve always hated Baylor, even before i considered going to TCU. I just didn’t like the school or the people who went there. My junior year in HS, my mom tried to make me tour it on the way home from my TCU/SMU tours, and I grabbed the steering wheel when she tried to exit off HWY 6 in Waco and I wouldn’t let her exit (I don’t remember doing that, but she told me that story a couple years back and I thought it was funny).

Then when I became a TCU fan (I enrolled in 2000), I got real tired of their fans looking down their noses at us because they were in the Big 12, even though we were clearly a better program. Then the “Big 12” chants before we pantsed them 45-10 in 2010, followed by coach roid rage and “Good job Big 12” postgame incident.

Then the whole “biggest rape coverup in the history of the world” thing turned me off to them even more.

scheissing dorks

Last edited:

rifram09

"Well even though you won we are still a better team because we are in the Big 12". They proceeded to go 4-8 in their supposed big year, and we finished with another 11 win campaign. Still viewed themselves as superior.We got them again to start the year in 2007 and beat them 27-0 and the "We are superior because of our conference" talk continued."

This is when my general disrespect for Baylor Football turned into sports-hate. Then losing in 2011 to RGtheTurd cemented the rivalry in my mind. Before that it was all one-sided in my experience. Then Briles vs GMFP made it the best rivalry in the state. Then rape fest turned my sports-hate into real hate.

Frogcrates

I’ve started to believe that we torched our own place to avoid spending another day in Waco.

I found photographic proof:

F_Reel_WEB_Tombstone-Val-Kilmer-Sam-Elliott-Bill-Paxton-Kurt-Russell_scaled.jpg

Heard from the scene, “Man... scheiss this place...”

G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

I've pretty much always hated Baylor. That came from my mom. Mom lived in Waco for a couple of years after she and dad got married because dad was in Waco getting his MBA from Baylor (he already had his undergrad degree from there... his parents were grads and huge supporters of Baylor). Mom told a story that she swore was true, although I have been unable to verify, that she was at the infamous 1971 game at Baylor and when they announced over the loudspeaker that Jim Pittman had just died, the Baylor band started playing. Mom hated Baylor for good after that.
I don't remember which year (it was either 1983 or 1985) we were Baylor's homecoming game and so my family headed down to Waco at the invite of my grandparents for the festivities. I was at the parade and I have a vivid memory of seeing a float with the Baylor Bear mascot running over purple frogs with a lawnmower. That didn't sit well with me. And then some snotty Baylor woman told my dad he needed to move because she couldn't see (we had moved up because I was only like 9 so I couldn't see). She saw me wearing a TCU shirt and made some remark about how we were some of "those people."
Once, briefly, my grandmother attempted to brainwash me into liking Baylor and I went through a very short period where Baylor was my second favorite team. She got me a shirt and I can still remember the daggers my mom shot at me when I came home in it.

Purp

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned basketball murder cover-up among the reasons for Baylor hate.

Or the closeness of our record against each other with the fact that we can't even agree on that.

Or the Briles revisionist history on bowl rings.

I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned the century old lady in the TCU Magazine a few years ago referring to dropping a deuce as "going all the way to Baylor."

The rivalry has clearly existed for a very long time, but I think it's gone through peaks and valleys as we've gone through periods of relevance and irrelevance. As long as I've cared about TCU I've had an equal but opposite passion against Baylor. The rape scandal has only exacerbated it.

Darn em.

Tom Brown

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned basketball murder cover-up among the reasons for Baylor hate.

Or the closeness of our record against each other with the fact that we can't even agree on that.

I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned the century old lady in the TCU Magazine a few years ago referring to dropping a deuce as "going all the way to Baylor."

The rivalry has clearly existed for a very long time, but I think it's gone through peaks and valleys as we've gone through periods of relevance and irrelevance. As long as I've cared about TCU I've had an equal but opposite passion against Baylor. The rape scandal has only exacerbated it.

Darn em.

Baylor fans dont drink or exacerbate.

I grew up Southern Baptist and never hated them just wasn’t a fan. I know it’s not a good take but they’re are plenty of good people from Baylor and a good share of jerks too. My reason that I have disdain for them is all because of what happened in the last ten years.

ftwfrog

Darn em.
You’ve got to hand it to Baylor. “Our newest school wide sexual abuse cover up involving multiple gang rapes of female athletes and students will make you totally forget about that time a few years ago where one of our basketball players killed a team mate and our coach covered it up.”

Darn Baylor. Matt Rhule? Jim Grobe? Art briles? Art Vandelay? I don’t give a scheiss who’s coaching. Darn them all.

Frogcrates

You’ve got to hand it to Baylor. “Our newest school wide sexual abuse cover up involving multiple gang rapes of female athletes and students will make you totally forget about that time a few years ago where one of our basketball players killed a team mate and our coach covered it up.”

Darn Baylor. Matt Rhule? Jim Grobe? Art briles? Art Vandelay? I don’t give a [ darn ] who’s coaching. Darn them all.
Don’t forget about the time they imported child slaves from South America to work as house servants for university administrators and prominent town leaders.