• The KillerFrogs

Week 6 --- Other Games Open Thread

TCUdirtbag

Very happy for Utah. 

TCU in first place in the Big 12 and Utah in first place in the Pac-12 in the middle of the season.  Both ranked in the top 5 and, with very tough schedules ahead, both control their own destiny to a 4-team playoff. 

Laughably unbelievable 5 years ago. 

BKSledge

NNM said:
On both the FSU-Miami and the Cal-UU game, the guys running are kicking up white dust clouds when they run. When I've been on the new turf, it's been little black ground up tire bits. Is there a new way of doing this?

I believe FSU has a natural grass field and their soil is sandy their.

Utah has Field Turf, they might have the new turf that uses sand and cork, not sure.

Ron Swanson

DickBumpastache said:
Rutgers just spiked the ball...on a 4th down with a chance to throw a Hail Mary...down 7 to Michigan State
My buddy spiked the ball on 4th down in the quarterfinals (?) of the 5A TX high school playoffs his junior or senior year. There was like 5 seconds left in the game and they were down to the other teams' 5 yard line. The guy who controls the down marker never flipped it from 3rd down to 4th down.

Game over

Ron Swanson

Frog-in-law1995 said:
That seems like an awful lot of 18+ point halftime leads for FBS teams so far this year.
Well there's 130 teams that have each played 5-6 games, many of which were against body bag opponents. So 240 out of roughly 700? Seems like a lot, but I guess it makes sense. A lot of arse-whippings early in the year.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
So yesterday, playing one of the worst teams in CFB, The Standard recorded exactly one tackle and one sack.

Stay strong Oakman. You're going to need to revert to stealing sandwiches very soon after graduation.

Frog-in-law1995

Ron Swanson said:
Well there's 130 teams that have each played 5-6 games, many of which were against body bag opponents. So 240 out of roughly 700? Seems like a lot, but I guess it makes sense. A lot of arse-whippings early in the year.
The stat is through week 5, so teams had played 4-5 games. Roughly 600 total games. And the majority will have been 2 FBS teams playing each other, where obviously only 1 can have a huge halftime lead.