• The KillerFrogs

Week 1 --- Other Games Thread

TooColdU

Get Your Frogs Up said:
Is ESPN struggling so bad that Sportscenter us now done by 1 person? Out of the loop.

Yup. Watched Sportscenter last Thursday after our game ended and it was done solo by Jay Harris. First thing I said was "Budget Cuts"

Horny 4 Life

texasrobster1997 said:
Very different games. Remember Ohio state was LOSING at half. We had control of Minny the entire game. Virginia tech lost their QB and couldn't sustain drives. Apples and oranges...geesh. Wish people would stop faulting our win. Yes it could have been better but it was a solid road win

I didn't "fault our win" in any way, any such inference is purely on your part.  I've claimed it to be a "solid road win" as well and I believe it may have been exactly the kind of win this team needed. So, now that we've settled that, let's actually address the point of my post...

In the last couple of seasons we have struggled to put away opponents on the road. We saw it @ Baylor, WVU, and KU last season and we saw it again @ Minny. Our offensive staff and players have failed to provide the kind of scoring drives that eliminate hope and close teams out, especially in the 4th quarter.  Texas was the one exception.  I'm not alone in this observation, as commentators and our coaches themselves have made comments about needing to perform better at closing out games on the road. What tOSU did tonight is what I'd like to see our team be able to do, regardless of whatever circumstances you say make this game an unworthy comparison.  I'd like to see our O be able to add points when we have momentum and/or sustain drives to run out the clock in the 4th quarter. 

Horny 4 Life

Get Your Frogs Up said:
Is ESPN struggling so bad that Sportscenter is now done by 1 person? Out of the loop.

I haven't watched an entire segment of Sportscenter in years.  I will not be breaking that streak tonight.  This 1 host thing is awkward.

TooColdU

Get Your Frogs Up said:
Whelp.

I like SVP, but it's a little awkward watching this.

This is sad. Sportscenter is what made ESPN.

I had to turn it off after they resorted to showing highlights of a rabbit running on the field since they were having technical difficulties.

TCUdirtbag

Horned Eagle said:
2) I hope our guys are watching and taking notes because this is how you're supposed to close out a lesser opponent at their place.  Go for the jugular and don't stop until you've got it. 
By breaking the starting QB's collarbone while trailing when the backup can't do anything but lead 3 and outs or turnovers so that the defense plays basically nonstop?

maximilian

TCUdirtbag said:
By breaking the starting QB's collarbone while trailing when the backup can't do anything but lead 3 and outs or turnovers so that the defense plays basically nonstop?

That's exactly how we beat MN last year.

TCUSA

DickBumpastache said:

LOL at "can't even win their division"...you seen who plays in that division? The team projected to finish last was the #1 team in the country for a month last season and returns their Heisman contender QB.

And on the penalty: Allen had already slid when the defender hit (and the guy went right at Allen's head too). Apples to oranges.
Lol at the SEC SEC SEC bias. They're not the conference they--or ESPN--imagine them to be.