• The KillerFrogs

Week 0: Other Games Thread

TCUdirtbag

Week 0: August 27, 2022
Time to bring these threads back.
It's a pretty lame week zero, but for those desperate for football, there are 12 hours of potentially serviceable games on Saturday. No mid-weeks this week.

TIME (CDT)GAMENETWORK
11:30 amNebraska v. Northwestern (@ Dublin)FOX
2:00 pmSFA v. Jacksonville State (@ Montgomery) [This one has some potential spygate drama]ESPN
3:00 pmUConn @ Utah StateFS1
3:00 pmWyoming @ IllinoisB1GN
4:00 pmDuquesne @ Florida StACCN
7:15 pm FAMU @ UNCACCN
9:30 pmVanderbilt @ Hawai'iCBSSN

If you think these are slim pickins', just wait 'til you see the rest of the full schedule: https://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekly/football2022/0#.YwY8LuzMI6A

MCFROG III

Go Illini !!!
My son's just started his 2nd year of 3 on his doctorate there. He's been there since '19 with the first year of his master's, so I've got 2 more years with him in Illinois. Weird having Coach Bielema there after not especially high on my favorite list of coaches while at Wisconsin & Arkansas, and especially after Lovie Smith was so respected as hc. They've improved with the new coaches, though. Sad Wyoming lost their star receiver (especially to ut !). I've always liked the Cowboys since our days in MWC and with them being underdogs, should they win....it won't be a 'bad' thing.

TCUdirtbag

Nebraska Northwestern is only one worth watching. Wild that’s not a night game
big-lebowski-the-dude.gif

bouttmk

The Timmy Chang era begins in Hawaii. We'll see how that goes. They're playing on what is really an on-campus soccer field because Aloha Stadium is crumbling. They're scrambling to get the seating capacity up to FBS minimum. The program is on life support, despite the fact that they usually put a decent team on the field.

Eight

Go Illini !!!
My son's just started his 2nd year of 3 on his doctorate there. He's been there since '19 with the first year of his master's, so I've got 2 more years with him in Illinois. Weird having Coach Bielema there after not especially high on my favorite list of coaches while at Wisconsin & Arkansas, and especially after Lovie Smith was so respected as hc. They've improved with the new coaches, though. Sad Wyoming lost their star receiver (especially to ut !). I've always liked the Cowboys since our days in MWC and with them being underdogs, should they win....it won't be a 'bad' thing.

texas lost that receiver as well to a knee injury

LisaLT

The Timmy Chang era begins in Hawaii. We'll see how that goes. They're playing on what is really an on-campus soccer field because Aloha Stadium is crumbling. They're scrambling to get the seating capacity up to FBS minimum. The program is on life support, despite the fact that they usually put a decent team on the field.
lol - at first I read that as Tommy Chong era. Wouldn't that be a hoot.
cheech chong 80s GIF by RETRO-FIEND