• The KillerFrogs

Way to go, MWC

ShreveFrog

And the two teams that will save some face for the MWC are leaving after their bowl games. The future Big Least is looking better and better.

TCURiggs

I'm really kind of glad that Wyo and SDSU lost today. I don't know which schools voted to move our game to Boise, but they can all suck it as far as I'm concerned.

tcumaniac

I'm really kind of glad that Wyo and SDSU lost today. I don't know which schools voted to move our game to Boise, but they can all suck it as far as I'm concerned.

amen! im rooting against all Mt. West Schools! Screw them! I hope the entire conference disintegrates

After what happened, I'm over the move to Boise. Ending that winning streak is something that people will remember for a long time.

No ill will here toward the MWC because I can't see how we could have accomplished more from the platform of a non-AQ conference than we did from there. But, very, very glad to be going to the Big 12 and the opportunities ahead.

halfwaytoheaven

Yeah, but that worked out pretty okay. I try not to hold grudges, particularly when the alleged wrong didn't cost me anything.

Stiff Arm Frog

amen! im rooting against all Mt. West Schools! Screw them! I hope the entire conference disintegrates

Yes, and, there's the level of class we've all come to expect from Maniac.

The MWC was good to TCU, and we likely would not have the program we do today without the support of the MWC and the hard work of Craig Thompson. I really feel bad for him that the conference didn't work out, and hold no grudge against him, especially not in regard to the Boise move. He was only doing his job, and as it turns out, it was the right move for the conference. If Boise had won that game they would have gone to a BCS bowl, might have gone to the MNC, and the MWC would have had a huge and desperately needed payday, so trying to give them every available edge made all the sense in the world. I would have made the same call in his situation, and besides. The fact that we won the game and some of us are still complaining about it is the height of arrogance.

I wish Boise, the MWC, and Mr. Thompson nothing but the best. They all worked hard to help TCU. In fact, I would love to see Mr. Thompson get offered the Big12 commissioner's spot. He's earned it, and he certainly wouldn't do the Longhorns any favors.

tcumaniac

I wouldn't want to let you down....

In all honesty, I'll be rooting for Mountain west schools simply to make TCU look better in hope that it somehow aids in our preseason ranking...

But I won't deny laughing at MWC schools that lose the way WYO and SDSU did today... Not the biggest MWC fan after the way they gave us the middle finger this year...

Do people not remember that they gave us an away game against air force during the week we requested off?

Craig seems like a nice guy, but stop trying to defend this jackass of a conference.

pgdaly84

The MWC was good to TCU, and we likely would not have the program we do today without the support of the MWC and the hard work of Craig Thompson. I really feel bad for him that the conference didn't work out, and hold no grudge against him, especially not in regard to the Boise move. He was only doing his job, and as it turns out, it was the right move for the conference. If Boise had won that game they would have gone to a BCS bowl, might have gone to the MNC, and the MWC would have had a huge and desperately needed payday, so trying to give them every available edge made all the sense in the world. I would have made the same call in his situation, and besides. The fact that we won the game and some of us are still complaining about it is the height of arrogance.

I wish Boise, the MWC, and Mr. Thompson nothing but the best. They all worked hard to help TCU. In fact, I would love to see Mr. Thompson get offered the Big12 commissioner's spot. He's earned it, and he certainly wouldn't do the Longhorns any favors.

Gotta disagree with you here. Craig Thompson is an imbecile who only looked out for his own hide, and look where it's gotten him. He was dealt a rough hand with Utah and BYU leaving, followed by TCU. No doubt about that. However, moving a game that was already scheduled for Fort Worth to Boise is the height of petty behavior. He can say "It was the school presidents who voted!" all he wants, but we all know he did it to get one last BCS payday. Yes, winning in Boise was sweeter than winning in Fort Worth could ever be, but that would have been a sold out game that actually kept some of our fans in their seats past halftime. Now Craig's new golden goose is leaving for the Big East. If he hadn't been such a dummy and cancelled the MWC TV contract with ESPN then we might be looking at an AQ bid for a conference that featured TCU, Utah, BYU, Boise, Nevada, Fresno State , Hawaii, SDSU, and Air Force. We did build our program to new heights in the MWC, and I will always look back on these days fondly. But the way the conference treated us on the way out has left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I have no regrets in enjoying their last ditch effort at relevancy. (joining with the remnants of CUSA).