• The KillerFrogs

Various recruiting news: O'Connor, McCord & Williams

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Williams on the news:

Dekaney RB Trey Williams:: " I was surprised and really heartbroken. Right now I just want to lay low"

maximilian

I didn't think this deserved its own thread, but you wanna see what idiotic recruiting meltdowns look like? Then peep this thread on TexAgs, regarding League City WR Marcus Johnson.

LINK

It's 2 pages of foot-in-mouth hilarity.

Gunner

There are some sick moves by Trey in that video. Oh my.

If you want ot see some moves, go look at Rival's updated film clip on Catalon. That guy is unreal. He can take it up the gut, and afterburners like you've never seen. He's 90 miles an hour after 20 yards and faster after that.. :unsure: :biggrin:

Young and Horned

Say Williams did change his commitment. I just wouldn't understand the logic, even behind an immature athlete of 17 or 18 years old, if he committed to Texas in the same class as Grey.

OmniscienceFrog

Maroon Pride & Glory 09
posted 3:28p, 11/29/11

Can you imagine play action passes with this guy and Bralon? Add in EZ? Game, set, match.

"Tre Williams in Motion, Showers fakes to Christine Michael, has all day what a block by Matthews, Marcus Johnson running deep ALL ALONE.. TOUCHDOWN TEXAS A&M! Just flew by that safety like a formula one vehicle!"

:eek:hmy: :laugh:

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Maroon Pride & Glory 09
posted 3:28p, 11/29/11

Can you imagine play action passes with this guy and Bralon? Add in EZ? Game, set, match.

"Tre Williams in Motion, Showers fakes to Christine Michael, has all day what a block by Matthews, Marcus Johnson running deep ALL ALONE.. TOUCHDOWN TEXAS A&M! Just flew by that safety like a formula one vehicle!"

:eek:hmy: :laugh:

Wouldn't matter, the opponent would score even faster. Also Johnson is already out of the picture and Matthews can't pass block anyway.

FrogieStyle

Wasn't there someone here on KF that everyone here laughed at when he said that he had inside info on Trey Williams opening his recruiting back up?

talor

DB Kevin Vaccaro (little brother of UT Kenny Vaccaro) accepts an offer to UT. Another spot taken up, so the chances of us holding on to Daje went up a bit.

West Coast Johnny

Another UT charity scholarship?
Kenny Vacarro made a deal with Mack that he would stay another year and not go pro if his little brother got a 'ship. At least they got something for this 'ship, when they offered Case McCoy his brother had already graduated. The punchline is that Case ended up their best QB this year - epic fail.

This is the kind of nepotism you would expect at a State run institution, and the reason why I hate it when legacies are discussed as possible Frog recruits.

IronSkillet

Kenny Vacarro made a deal with Mack that he would stay another year and not go pro if his little brother got a 'ship. At least they got something for this 'ship, when they offered Case McCoy his brother had already graduated. The punchline is that Case ended up their best QB this year - epic fail.

This is the kind of nepotism you would expect at a State run institution, and the reason why I hate it when legacies are discussed as possible Frog recruits.

Well hold on now. I'm sure you don't mean to say ALL legacies, right? Iagree ofcourse that you can't go handing out scholarships to your players' cousins and uncles just because they happen to be related because it's about merit. But guys like Townsend Jr. and Fuller (just to name a recent few) earned their consideration and then some. I think it's great to have legacies for a multitude of reasons not the least of which being

A) Athleticism is often hereditary

B) A familial affinity with a university is an extra incentive to take pride in your efforts

C) It adds to the "community" component of the athletic programs