• The KillerFrogs

UCLA vs TCU Game #3

PurpleBlood87

But what is it? Online only?
If you decide to pay make sure you get the one month plan and not the full year subscription.
The full year will be the lower priced option but you will be charged the full price which is that price multiplied by 12.
A lot of Arkansas fans lasr season were complained because they did reas the fine print.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Establish a rule. That way umps aren’t making calls willy nilly. Some of the flips are pretty outrageous. There was a day batters wouldn’t do that because pitchers would enact their own enforcement.
Yes. Tossing a metal (Ceramic?) bat into the air means some poor soul might be under it when it comes back down. Ouch.

Just put the bat down, or drop it out of the baseline, and go about your business. Don't try and show up the opponent, because if you just clanked a dinger you've hurt them plenty enough already. Being a dick does no one any good. It demeans the opponent, and it demeans you.

Once upon a time, there was mutual respect between teams and players. Let's try and cultivate that once again.

froginmn

Establish a rule. That way umps aren’t making calls willy nilly. Some of the flips are pretty outrageous. There was a day batters wouldn’t do that because pitchers would enact their own enforcement.
Agree. I don't like the ejection but these bat flips have gotten out of hand.

The Tennessee bat flip led to me hating Tennessee that year. Not a fan of showing up an opponent; I always liked to beat them and enjoy the win with my teammates.

hometown frog

I used to hate bat flips and fully believed in the retaliation rib shot next AB. But the game has changed and it’s more animated and vocal. (And way more fun) It’s no longer considered disrespectful to hit the celly after a big play. As they say now, ‘let the kids play loud.’ I’m all for it at this point.

my one limit is that those celebrations should not be directed towards the opposing players. Then you can wear your bow tie the next AB.

Purp

Amazingly, it really looks like both replays got it wrong.
I didn't get home in time to see the first replay. What happened there? I agree that it seemed clear to me the oven mitt was on the plate when the tag landed on his wrist. I'm really surprised they upheld that one. I get that a lot of the college replays are harder to overturn due to fewer camera angles and lower quality camera work, but that was seemed easy enough to discern.

Purp

Shoot.
That game was fun to watch. Relaxing.
Chilaxsky? Was that the ucla 3d baseman’s name?
That dude was obnoxious. We were behind the TCU dugout Saturday when KB hit a dinger and barked back at him. Dude was incensed. And he deserved every bit of the trash talk back.

Purp

I'd like to return to that day. Self-policing is the way to do it. It's what gives hockey an extra level of excitement. Nobody wants to get his face bludgeoned by the other team's enforcer.

Frog-in-law1995

I didn't get home in time to see the first replay. What happened there? I agree that it seemed clear to me the oven mitt was on the plate when the tag landed on his wrist. I'm really surprised they upheld that one. I get that a lot of the college replays are harder to overturn due to fewer camera angles and lower quality camera work, but that was seemed easy enough to discern.
It was a pretty routine put out at first on a double play. The UCLA first baseman looked for all the world to have had his foot on the second base side of the bag. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. Ump said he was off. I guess maybe he just didn’t extend his foot all the way to the bag for some reason?

Purp

It was a pretty routine put out at first on a double play. The UCLA first baseman looked for all the world to have had his foot on the second base side of the bag. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. Ump said he was off. I guess maybe he just didn’t extend his foot all the way to the bag for some reason?
So was the call upheld or overturned? Those first base calls are some of the hardest ones in college to see clearly on replay, IMO. That's honestly one that I have a hard time disputing with the 1B umpire b/c, if he's in good position down the line, he can clearly see if the 1B's foot is off the bag. But I'm not sure the 1st base camera, 3B camera, or CF camera can see that on replay. Maybe the home plate camera can get it, but that could also be obstructed by the runner.