• The KillerFrogs

UCF National Champions

Chongo94

Man, some of our fans have become [ Arschloch]s. You play who is on your schedule, you beat who is on your schedule. Simple as that.

The way schedules work you have no control over a team being good or bad given that you have to schedule some games ten years in advance. It's ridiculous and the argument was used against TCU constantly. And yet, some of our fans have apparently become so pretentious about being in a P5 that they have forgotten their recent roots and gripe about a school that went undefeated.

Is UCF good enough to win a national championship?...probably not. Do I care?....no. Do they deserve a shot?...yeah, why not? Are TCU fans affected by this?...no. Have some TCU fans quickly become SEClike because of P5 membership?...definitely.

The TCU Football Jerk

I get so tired of the "but they don't play anybody" argument. I am sure they play the best schedule they can. They are in the best Group of Five conference. Its not like they turned down offers from the ACC or SEC. Heck, they would join the Pac 12 if they could. They are playing at the highest level that is currently available to them. The system definitely needs to change.

It will when the TV money dries up in a few years.

LVH

Point is that a 4 loss Miss st who lost to 6-6 Ole Miss late in the season has no business being ranked, same as Fresno had no business being ranked, same as a team that lost to Troy had no business being ranked. They were ranked there by the committee to prop up Bama's schedule.

However, even if I were to concede this point, both Bama and UCF had 3 wins over ranked opponents before bowl season, with UCF having a conference championship, better winning percentage and undefeated season while Bama lost to 3 loss Auburn.

If you want to win a Natty don't lose to 3 loss Auburn, Bama had their chance and failed.

Mississippi State beats Ole Miss if their QB doesn't snap his ankle in half in the 1st quarter

ShreveFrog

Don't compare Fiesta Bowl TCU (ranked #4) and Rose Bowl TCU (#3) to #10 UCF. Our teams (hopefully) would've been in a 4-team playoff. UFC at #10 is not in that conversation, as impressive as their win over Auburn was.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Don't compare Fiesta Bowl TCU (ranked #4) and Rose Bowl TCU (#3) to #10 UCF. Our teams (hopefully) would've been in a 4-team playoff. UFC at #10 is not in that conversation, as impressive as their win over Auburn was.
Sorry but they don't play the schedule of an SEC or B12 team. That said the 2010 TCU didn't either but we played a tough MWC sked and were ranked high enough to have gotten in.

Sebastian S

Since the playoffs started, or even since TCU got in the Big 12.

What's the highest a G5 team been ranked?

I feel like the days of TCU, UTAH and Boise State ranked deep in the top 10 is over.
- or there just hasn't been a very impressive G5 team since

Frog-in-law1995

Since the playoffs started, or even since TCU got in the Big 12.

What's the highest a G5 team been ranked?

I feel like the days of TCU, UTAH and Boise State ranked deep in the top 10 is over.
- or there just hasn't been a very impressive G5 team since

Probably Houston last year before they lost to Navy. They were 5 I think.

froglash88

I don’t blame UCF one bit. They can’t help who they play. The best team is not always the team that played the toughest schedule. Make this thing fair and let’s settle it on the field. Why should UCF, or any team for that matter, be excluded before they play their first game? Hopefully UCF’s situation is a catalyst for necessary change!

Some of our fans forgot what it was like not too long ago.