• The KillerFrogs

UCF National Champions

Horny4TCU

TCU should schedule Bama and whip their butts. We have Ohio in 2018. Next up Bama. Win both, never drop from 3 to 6 again.

UCF 2017-2018 National Champions in my Book! They did everything they could. not their fault the committee wants Ohio State and Alabama every year.

netty2424

I’m somewhat kidding about ours, but don’t really blame UCF. Kind of like them fighting back against an unfair & crappy system.

Best sport with absolute worst post season!
Agree. I don't care either way and the reality is, no one outside of UCF will remember in 6 months anyways. So it'll only matter to them in the end.

#fixthesystem

ShreveFrog

As impressive as their bowl win was over Auburn, they beat no other top 20 team (Assuming Memphis falls from 20.) Only beat SMU by a TD. That’s not a natty resume. But congrats on an undefeated season. (Though the opener against Maine was cancelled), LOL

Wexahu

Agree. I don't care either way and the reality is, no one outdide of UCF will remember in 6 months anyways. So it'll only matter to them in the end.

#fixthesystem

I suppose this is right, who cares either way, let em have their fun.

The irony is that if the “system is fixed” like UCF wants they’ll very most likely never be able to celebrate something like this again. I’d say absolutely never, but I don’t want to start another math and probability discussion. .001% chance is still a chance.

I guess Toledo won three straight national titles between 1969 and 1971, I never realized that and I feel like I follow this stuff pretty closely.

netty2424

I suppose this is right, who cares either way, let em have their fun.

The irony is that if the “system is fixed” like UCF wants they’ll very most likely never be able to celebrate something like this again. I’d say absolutely never, but I don’t want to start another math and probability discussion. .001% chance is still a chance.

I guess Toledo won three straight national titles between 1969 and 1971, I never realized that and I feel like I follow this stuff pretty closely.
This is the part(s) I'm not sure you're grasping.

Neither of them won a national championship. No one actually believes they did. But if the "system was fixed", they would've had their shot. That's what it's all about.

If they get beat and knocked out, then they aren't complaining because they got a chance. Instead the blue bloods are in, everyone else outside looking in.

Last edited:

netty2424

The system is fixed with a barely top 10 team in the playoff? No.
Assuming you're talking about UCF? They're undefeated. And they're only "barely a top 10" because some committee puppets rank them there. Then that barely a top 10 team beats Auburn, who beat both Bama and Georgia.

I don't care about UCF the school. Just prefer an inclusive playoff system that provides opportunity to the programs that deserve a shot. In this case, at the very least UCF deserved a shot. And just think, if the Auburn game was a playoff game, UCF is moving on to the second round. Crazy how that works.

Nothing wrong with catching lightning in a bottle if that team ends up winning it all.