• The KillerFrogs

UC Regents clear way for UCLA to join the Big-10!

HG73

Cal regents are our new best friends. Best possible outcome for the Big12.
1. Financially diminished UCLA won't be able to compete in the B1G. Weakens the B1G.
2. Now Cal makes $10mil more than the remaining PAC teams, the beginning of the unequal revenue battle. Washington and Oregon will demand more, coming out of the shares of the four corners and WSU/OSU. Then for sure their shares will be a good deal less than the Big12. They will have to move.
3. PAC TV deal: now no excuse for not announcing the payout. If they don't announce it shortly it is definitely lower than the Big12. It will be lower, given the instability with UW & UO.

HG73

Now the PAC says they're announcing their new TV deal in January. Must be really bad. If it was decent $$ they would have already announced it, added SDSU and smu and solidified their conference.

The delay is just to give the teams a couple of weeks to finalize their new conference affiliations.

Big Frog II

Now the PAC says they're announcing their new TV deal in January. Must be really bad. If it was decent $$ they would have already announced it, added SDSU and smu and solidified their conference.

The delay is just to give the teams a couple of weeks to finalize their new conference affiliations.
Why would any network pay more for those two schools.?

HG73

Why would any network pay more for those two schools.?
I wasn't very clear. I think the delay in announcing PAC TV deal is because it is lower than the Big12 deal. Why announce a bad deal? Delaying announcement gives the PAC teams a couple of weeks to finalize their deals with whatever new conference wants them. B1G, Big12, MW? Who knows? Then after January 1 they will announce the results.
SDSU and smu don't add anything to the TV deal and are likely dilutive, but could add stability. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Latest posts