• The KillerFrogs

Tuberville trashes Tech

Salfrog

Tier 1
Tech & Baylor are what they are. Is it really that hard to trash either one of them. They give you so much trash to work with, and so very little to argue against.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for those SandAggie' recruiting prospects. However, it

simply reinforces a widely held public opinion. As a native of Arkansas, Tuberville should

be qualified as an authority on recognizing undesirable surroundings.

Mean Purple

The former Red Raider coach said moving from Auburn to Texas Tech was like going to Siberia.

"You run me off at Auburn and you ship me to Lubbock, Texas," Tuberville said on the show. "I'm going to tell you what, that's like going to Siberia. Somebody asked me, 'What's Lubbock look like?' It looked like Iraq."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...8/lubbock-look-like-tommy-tuberville-likeiraq

I actually heard the interview. The were at The Regions pro am that bubba plays in. Great radio show. There's a youtube highlight clip of the day that show's Tommy's statement.

LevelHead

Been to every college town in the B12 sans Morgantown, so can't speak to WVU. The facts are that you have five great college towns (fun for going to college, or collegiate events), two fun big cities and one absolute dump. The only city in our conference with zero redeeming qualities is Waco...plain and simple. It's never been a good college town, and it's never been a fun place to visit. This isn't some biased/salty opinion driven by recent events...we had a high school playoff game in Waco when I was a sophomore, and I remember thinking at the age of 16, "this is the worst place I have ever been."

Total sour grapes on Tubs part here. No one shipped him anywhere, and he actively campaigned for the job, which paid him almost $10M over three seasons. Real a-hole move to come out with this potshot five years after you left recruits at a dinner before a bowl game.

Moose Stuff

Been to every college town in the B12 sans Morgantown, so can't speak to WVU. The facts are that you have five great college towns (fun for going to college, or collegiate events), two fun big cities and one absolute dump. The only city in our conference with zero redeeming qualities is Waco...plain and simple. It's never been a good college town, and it's never been a fun place to visit. This isn't some biased/salty opinion driven by recent events...we had a high school playoff game in Waco when I was a sophomore, and I remember thinking at the age of 16, "this is the worst place I have ever been."

Total sour grapes on Tubs part here. No one shipped him anywhere, and he actively campaigned for the job, which paid him almost $10M over three seasons. Real a-hole move to come out with this potshot five years after you left recruits at a dinner before a bowl game.

Total sour grapes and Waco is indeed possibly the worst major college town in America. That being said, Lubbock is REAL low on my list of places I've been in this country. Can't name one thing about it that I enjoyed beyond meeting some nice people.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Total sour grapes and Waco is indeed possibly the worst major college town in America. That being said, Lubbock is REAL low on my list of places I've been in this country. Can't name one thing about it that I enjoyed beyond meeting some nice people.
Here's one: it's not a rape factory.

Purp

At least you met some nice people. I've yet to do that there in my handful of trips.

Chongo94

Here's the deal, because everyone is always surprised when I say Waco over lbk and yet, I still think Waco is just one big open air Wal-Mart.

The one thing that tips Waco over for me is that you're halfway in between Fort Worth and Austin. Lbk, you're stuck in the middle of nowhere and it's still a two hour drive to palo duro or any decent lake. I mean it truly is NOWHERE. Add in that not only are you in the definition of BFE, you have to deal with dust storms and horrible weather.

Waco may be awful but at least it's closer to civilization and lakes and trees. I'll take that any day.

Also, nearly moved to Morgantown and the scenery surrounding it is nice as is the university but other than that, total dump.

LevelHead

Here's the deal, because everyone is always surprised when I say Waco over lbk and yet, I still think Waco is just one big open air Wal-Mart.

The one thing that tips Waco over for me is that you're halfway in between Fort Worth and Austin. Lbk, you're stuck in the middle of nowhere and it's still a two hour drive to palo duro or any decent lake. I mean it truly is NOWHERE. Add in that not only are you in the definition of BFE, you have to deal with dust storms and horrible weather.

Waco may be awful but at least it's closer to civilization and lakes and trees. I'll take that any day.

Also, nearly moved to Morgantown and the scenery surrounding it is nice as is the university but other than that, total dump.

I can't argue with location. As far as weather, we had two dust storms in my four years there...the weather is a major overblown negative when it comes to Lubbock. Dry heat in the summer is awesome, and I like cold weather so it's nice to actually have a winter. LBK is also a short flight from any of those places you mentioned...but I get the convenience of a vehicle versus air travel. If I had to live somewhere as an adult (ideally it would be neither), I would choose LBK over Waco. I could go on and on about the pros and cons to both...I just feel that Waco is easily the worst, or second worst city in Texas. Probably some bias in there, I'm human.

I'd like to visit Morgantown...but it's a major PITA to get to. Fly to Pittsburgh, then take a short road trip and possibly have to drive back to Pittsburgh because of limited hotels? Talk about inconvenient.

Overall...just glad to live in DFW :)

Chongo94

I can't argue with location. As far as weather, we had two dust storms in my four years there...the weather is a major overblown negative when it comes to Lubbock. Dry heat in the summer is awesome, and I like cold weather so it's nice to actually have a winter. LBK is also a short flight from any of those places you mentioned...but I get the convenience of a vehicle versus air travel. If I had to live somewhere as an adult (ideally it would be neither), I would choose LBK over Waco. I could go on and on about the pros and cons to both...I just feel that Waco is easily the worst, or second worst city in Texas. Probably some bias in there, I'm human.

I'd like to visit Morgantown...but it's a major PITA to get to. Fly to Pittsburgh, then take a short road trip and possibly have to drive back to Pittsburgh because of limited hotels? Talk about inconvenient.

Overall...just glad to live in DFW :)

I get it. Although those of us with allergies are more sensitive to the weather/wind out there even without the dust.

That's exactly what I had to do, regarding the Morgantown thing. The drive isn't too bad but the roads up there are awful. What amazed me about Morgantown was how they actually went anywhere in the winter. All these crappy roads that were on inclines and twisty turny would ice over. Not sure how they got anywhere.

Couldn't live anywhere either, all the apts were taken over by students and what houses were available were definitely not great. Place just seemed real dingy and rough. I was there on the tail end of winter though so maybe it's nicer in the summer.

westoverhillbilly

Reminds me a bit of what Lou Holtz said about Fayetteville after coaching there or 6 or 7 years- "it's not the end of the world, but it's a close as you can get to it." Actually Fayetteville is better than Lubbock or Waco, so