• The KillerFrogs

Trouble in Norman?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
They are adults and don't have to visit the site. But he got busted and they knew what to expect on KFC and came on here, that was volitional on thier part. Thats life, and would have played the same at any other school. Not fair for them to come on here and blame us for being us, and start "kicking" us around.

I would counter by saying that its not fair for our fans to bash a kid for missing FG's or PAT's but thats what happened. Other players didn't receive that kind of treatment for missing an assignment, fumbling or not being fast enough to control a play.

What I want and have always wanted is a site where anyone, players parents included, can come on here to read and discuss, if they wish, TCU athletics and they should be able to do it without a bunch of negative comments about their son. Nobody likes that.

By the way, our comment about it being life and playing out at any other school is the reason I wanted this site to be different than the others. TCU alumni present themselves as being a cut above the rest so maybe its time we act like it

staypurple12

I appreciate what you are saying Wes and agree about 1) being a cut above 2) not making disparaging comments about our kids....but as a former college athlete married to a former frog stud athlete....once working inside the program....public school administrator/teacher/head coach....Parents at some point (probably college) should let their young adults fight their own battles.

I've seen the unprofessionalism of AAU creep into the collegiate world. My reference is more to the OU situation but I will go a step further. I respect the heck out of Brad McCoy (excellent ball coach/raised solid kids/works for a good organization now). But he had no business getting in his son's affairs with the Browns. That is a Colt, Rachel, agent issue to discuss in private with the Browns organization.

The OU parents should address the coaching staff at OU. Not give their perspective anonymously on a forum. Ross' parents should address a) their son b) then go to the school if need be. A fan forum is not the place to "parent". It is not the place to defend your kid.

It starts with Facebook and thinking the world cares about what you ate for lunch or who you think should run for President. Many years ago scientists were able to disprove the theory of a geocentric universe. Unfortunately most of us missed this. It is dad gum near impossible for people (parents included) to think beyond themelves and their kid. I wish I could put a sign above the entrance to our facility that read - "it is not about you...it is about us"

One other thing....if we are so concerned about being a "cut above" then why so much vulgarity (at times) on the site. I think most of us have kids...maybe even little girls. I wish I could give my daughter a pill so she stayed elementary age forever...but then again there I go too....at some point got to let them grow up and face the world on their own and hope they make the right decisions.

I accept the forthcoming rebuttal...and for the record....I have never posted a negative comment about a member of the Frog family

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I respect the heck out of Brad McCoy (excellent ball coach/raised solid kids/works for a good organization now).

Yeah, but he left his Graham job to go to Austin and meddle and helicopter over his sons, did he not? I understand a lot of Graham people were not sorry to see him go for a couple of reasons, but just saying ...

2314@work

Contributor
Yeah, but he left his Graham job to go to Austin and meddle and helicopter over his sons, did he not? I understand a lot of Graham people were not sorry to see him go for a couple of reasons, but just saying ...
Yup, that's what I hear from my Graham friends. They said Brad was too much into watching Colt than being with his assistant coaches for Saturday film work. Said as the years passed and Colt became more famous that he lost his focus at his job and was more concerned about being in Austin.
One of the booster club members told me, "We hate that Brad wants to go, but at the same time we aren't going to try and talk him out of it." Basically, the booster said Coach McCoy had worn out his welcome.
I still am shaking my head at the 2-pt. conversion play he called to lose the state championship game. He has an all-state QB - his son, no less (current UT starter) - and instead of putting the ball in the hands of his best player, he runs a wildcat (wild steer?) and the receiver is tackled for a three-yard loss - ball game - and Carthage wins state.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I appreciate what you are saying Wes and agree about 1) being a cut above 2) not making disparaging comments about our kids....but as a former college athlete married to a former frog stud athlete....once working inside the program....public school administrator/teacher/head coach....Parents at some point (probably college) should let their young adults fight their own battles.

I've seen the unprofessionalism of AAU creep into the collegiate world. My reference is more to the OU situation but I will go a step further. I respect the heck out of Brad McCoy (excellent ball coach/raised solid kids/works for a good organization now). But he had no business getting in his son's affairs with the Browns. That is a Colt, Rachel, agent issue to discuss in private with the Browns organization.

The OU parents should address the coaching staff at OU. Not give their perspective anonymously on a forum. Ross' parents should address a) their son b) then go to the school if need be. A fan forum is not the place to "parent". It is not the place to defend your kid.

It starts with Facebook and thinking the world cares about what you ate for lunch or who you think should run for President. Many years ago scientists were able to disprove the theory of a geocentric universe. Unfortunately most of us missed this. It is dad gum near impossible for people (parents included) to think beyond themelves and their kid. I wish I could put a sign above the entrance to our facility that read - "it is not about you...it is about us"

One other thing....if we are so concerned about being a "cut above" then why so much vulgarity (at times) on the site. I think most of us have kids...maybe even little girls. I wish I could give my daughter a pill so she stayed elementary age forever...but then again there I go too....at some point got to let them grow up and face the world on their own and hope they make the right decisions.

I accept the forthcoming rebuttal...and for the record....I have never posted a negative comment about a member of the Frog family

Well put comment. I have raised my daughter by myself. As much as I would love to have kept her as a little girl, I realize its time for her to go out & experience life. Wish I could shield her from all of the negative & bad stuff out there in the world, but I know I can't.

frogteacher70

wes said:
I have spoken with Ross' parents and they are not happy with what he did. He is not happy with what he did and is disappointed with himself. He understands better than anyone that he let his team mates, the football program and TCU down.

His heart was in the right place but his mindset wasn't. That has happened to me and I would venture a guess that each and every one of us have let our heart and emotions override our brains, at one time or another in our lives.

So unless you have never sinned or done something stupid in your life, stop acting like judge and jury and get off his back. Or if you have never sinned, go ahead and cast that first stone. I'll stand out in the open so that you can hit me with it.

+1

ShadowFrog

Moderators
By the way, our comment about it being life and playing out at any other school is the reason I wanted this site to be different than the others. TCU alumni present themselves as being a cut above the rest so maybe its time we act like it.
Agreed. As it should be. Class doesn't just happen. Earn it. Every day.

smufrogger

Something like that but I am tired of people ragging on him so I stood up for the kid. If thats making a mountain out of a molehill, so be it.
We all make mistakes, my issue isn't with the young man but his parents.... My kids do something foolish, my thoughts don't go toward blaming others or speaking out against their coaches.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
We all make mistakes, my issue isn't with the young man but his parents.... My kids do something foolish, my thoughts don't go toward blaming others or speaking out against their coaches.

I know what you are saying but I am taking their comments with a grain of salt. They were frustrated at a lot of things and defending their son.

In retrospect, I would haveq done the same thing

staypurple12

I can completely understand the aspect of being in "their shoes". I have been in the middle of this type of situation but not with my own kids and it was not at the collegiate level. There is a "line" in this situation and everyone has a different opinon about what that "line" is. I guess one of the greatest challenges of being a parent is knowing when it is time to let your children be reponsible adults and face the world on their own. I'll be there someday....thank the Lord not too soon.