• The KillerFrogs

This weekend's uniforms

BABYFACE

Ugh bad karma with those unis

Used to have bad luck with the purple pants and white tops and purple helmets at one time also. But, the color combo of the uni has no effect on the game. I remember TCU started using the white helmet again, people here freaked because the last time TCU wore white helmets, those teams sucked.

CMcFrog

be566077f29cb8e2754f1ea0ec4a3e36.jpg
Need the 2013-2014 white helmet with purple chrome face mask. Greatest frog helmet of all time.
The stripe-less helmet is clean.

Wexahu

I don't mind the look but good lord we have a horrible track record in this uniform combo. History alone would make me steer clear of the all white get-up.

Our version of the Cowboys' "bad luck blues" back in the 70's and early 80's.
The Storm Troopers lost.

Not only did they lose, they were about the most worthless fighters ever. I'm not sure a stormtrooper has done anything but look cool and get shot and killed.

Not only did they lose, they were about the most worthless fighters ever. I'm not sure a stormtrooper has done anything but look cool and get shot and killed.

Pretty underrated response. Due to our lack of success in this uni and the stigma associated with Stormtroopers I would avoid the All Whites.

dawg

Just looked it up, this is the pat 3 year history of the stormtroopers:
2014:
WVU: Played like poop against a good, but not great, team. Won on last second field goal.
Kansas: Needed a 10 point comeback against one of the worst teams in the country

2015:
Minnesota: Won by 6 against a team that ended the regular season 5-7.
Oklahoma State: Destroyed, ended undefeated season, Doctson lost for the year.
Oklahoma: Well on our way to getting destroyed before Mayfield goes down. Lost on 2 point conversion

2017:
SMU: Up 6-3 at the end of the half. Ended up pulling away in the second half.
WVU: Beat up and destroyed
Baylor: An actual good win! Killed them.
Georgia: Blew 4th quarter lead, lost bowl game.

That's not a great track record.

After starting 2011 with losses to RapeU and SMU in a Frogless helmet, LRBWHCGMFP had the Frog put back on the helmet. We didn't lose again that season. Did the Frog on the helmet matter? Not a single bit. Did it imbue the team with magic? Nope. But Patterson was superstitious, and his superstition won out.

Given our craptastic record in the "stormtrooper" combo, I'd think LRBWHCGMFP would have consigned this combo to the dustbin of history long ago.

If we must wear white tops and pants, can we get these again? Best road look, imho...
nov-6-2010-salt-lake-city-utah-united-states-of-america-tcu-quarterback-djxjny.jpg

Bob Sugar

After starting 2011 with losses to RapeU and SMU in a Frogless helmet, LRBWHCGMFP had the Frog put back on the helmet. We didn't lose again that season. Did the Frog on the helmet matter? Not a single bit. Did it imbue the team with magic? Nope. But Patterson was superstitious, and his superstition won out.

Given our craptastic record in the "stormtrooper" combo, I'd think LRBWHCGMFP would have consigned this combo to the dustbin of history long ago.

If we must wear white tops and pants, can we get these again? Best road look, imho...
nov-6-2010-salt-lake-city-utah-united-states-of-america-tcu-quarterback-djxjny.jpg

Agree. We even get a solid surrender cobra when Boyce scored to go up 14-0 in those unis.

Chongo94

Um technically they did conquer the galaxy, hence the rebellion. Just saying.