• The KillerFrogs

This is disturbing...

Ron Swanson

If you notice a pattern of all the schools throwing around big money in this new NIL era, it is all the desperate teams. Texas A&M, Texas, Ole Miss, SMU, Tennessee, etc…

Teams that have been having success for the last 10 years are having a little more trouble trying to get their fanbases to cough up the money because they think they can do it without it.

I think that TCU is doing a pretty good job raising funds, but I think there’s a lot more meat left on the bone.

Obviously SMU is its whole own unique situation having to subsidize the program for 7 years.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
In my file cabinet, there is a copy of SI from back in the day. The issue title is '44-0' and features coverage and opinion of the Big NFL Game that took place the previous week between the Tom Landry led Dallas Cowboys and Mike Ditka's Chicago Bears. It is a fun read, and the advertisements are interesting from this distant fashion vantage...

One that I wished I had kept was the issue covering the Cleveland Playoff loss to Denver, featuring The Fumble. The feature article began thusly: "Oh, to be a TV repairman in Cleveland this week. There is no telling the number of clam-dip bowls, ashtrays, and other ready objects that sailed through Cleveland picture tubes on Sunday..."

As noted, it is not what it once was...

Palliative Care

Well being dyslexic it takes a while I admit. For those of you that can not image what a dyslexia is like, image looking at the Mona Lisa and seeing it as Picasso might have painted it. That is what I see and it is especially difficult reading research articles. Still I have done well enough. No need for pity here.

Eight

Well being dyslexic it takes a while I admit. For those of you that can not image what a dyslexia is like, image looking at the Mona Lisa and seeing it as Picasso might have painted it. That is what I see and it is especially difficult reading research articles. Still I have done well enough. No need for pity here.

sounds like reading steelfrog's ;poety for those who aren't psychotic

Virginia Frog

One that I wished I had kept was the issue covering the Cleveland Playoff loss to Denver, featuring The Fumble. The feature article began thusly: "Oh, to be a TV repairman in Cleveland this week. There is no telling the number of clam-dip bowls, ashtrays, and other ready objects that sailed through Cleveland picture tubes on Sunday..."
Ernest Byner...he later played for the 'Skins and was well-liked around town.

TCUSA

A lot of delusion in that article. So, they have all these resources and could, at any time, have harnessed all those resources to invest actually creating a championship contending program in a lower conference but didn't and they are suddenly going to transform into some kind of powerhouse when moving up against better competition? I think they're much more likely to find out that it doesn't work to put up the roof before you build the foundation than resemble anything projected in that article.
They were limited due to NCAA rules. With practically none now limiting their ability to buy players, it will be a whole new issue for us. I've seen TCU in this position and the administration has been reluctant to invest in athletics beyond a certain point and that could really hurt us in the pursuit of top talent.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
In my file cabinet, there is a copy of SI from back in the day. The issue title is '44-0' and features coverage and opinion of the Big NFL Game that took place the previous week between the Tom Landry led Dallas Cowboys and Mike Ditka's Chicago Bears. It is a fun read, and the advertisements are interesting from this distant fashion vantage...

As noted, it is not what it once was...
I still have that issue as well. Back in the day, SI had the best photographers like Walter Iooss Jr. and a stable of some of the best sportswriters like Dr. Z and Frank Deford. Since the advent of immediate coverage of all NFL games made weekly magazines obsolete, the days of SI being important were numbered.