• The KillerFrogs

This is disturbing...

bc puckett

It’s not even a shell of what it once was. Nor is any magazine really, but SI is just trash now. It’s as much a political propaganda rag as anything else these days. Surprise, surprise.
Had a subscription starting back in the early 70's when I was in 7th grade (it was one of my Christmas presents every year) and I remember getting home from school on Thursdays and it would be in the mail box. Most my friends got it as well and we used to bet on who would be on the cover. Finally gave up sometime in the 90's. Honestly thought it was done.

A lot of delusion in that article. So, they have all these resources and could, at any time, have harnessed all those resources to invest actually creating a championship contending program in a lower conference but didn't and they are suddenly going to transform into some kind of powerhouse when moving up against better competition? I think they're much more likely to find out that it doesn't work to put up the roof before you build the foundation than resemble anything projected in that article.

Hemingway

A lot of delusion in that article. So, they have all these resources and could, at any time, have harnessed all those resources to invest actually creating a championship contending program in a lower conference but didn't and they are suddenly going to transform into some kind of powerhouse when moving up against better competition? I think they're much more likely to find out that it doesn't work to put up the roof before you build the foundation than resemble anything projected in that article.
I just realized something. All these other schools already in P4 conferences haven’t been trying their best. But SMU (that couldn’t win the WAC) is now going to show us how it’s done. I mean disregard Aggy that has moneywhipped everything and has 1 conference championship almost twenty years ago. But now it’s SMUs time to show us what effort looks like.

This isn't really "Sports Illustrated" any more than any of those KFC "letter to our opponent" articles are SI articles. It's just a blog post from the SMU fan site. A bad one, at that.
Fan Nation isn’t really a blog. It’s a platform of independent operators who have publishing agreements with Maven.

https://www.si.com/fannation/college

I personally wrote the business plan and interviewed with Maven and SI to represent TCU on the Fan Nation site. All college and professional sites, a part of Fan Nation, meet on a weekly basis. I can’t speak for the other sites, but KillerFrogs Fan Nation takes this opportunity very seriously. We all are either full time students or have full time jobs. We write because we love our Horned Frogs and want everyone in the world to know the TCU Horned Frogs.

We have a solid team of writers, including TCU students earning a 3-hour class credit (internship). We are a revenue only business model. We have reached over a million readers in less than 12 months and are on pace to double our numbers this year.

Currently, Fan Nation ranks second after ESPN. TCU (KillerFrogs) is number 22 (with the help of that CU game). KillerFrogs’ and KillerFrogs Fan Nation’s revenue is dependent on our readers - you :) Your support, on both platforms, keeps the Fan Forum’s “lights on”. This is why we are able to keep the Forum membership cost low and allow visitors. We are VERY thankful to our members who fork over the $20 a year. Several are $100 members so in Deion (he ranks his kids) fashion, y’all are my favorite members ;)
D3E4F9CE-2A9D-45FF-8890-D509C1054552.jpeg
FEC83487-3D93-4B69-B722-C7317CB517B2.jpeg
CF4846FC-EFCA-4307-A6C8-52347A6F6C82.jpeg

Zubaz

Fan Nation isn’t really a blog. It’s a platform of independent operators who have publishing agreements with Maven.

https://www.si.com/fannation/college

I personally wrote the business plan and interviewed with Maven and SI to represent TCU on the Fan Nation site. All college and professional sites, a part of Fan Nation, meet on a weekly basis. I can’t speak for the other sites, but KillerFrogs Fan Nation takes this opportunity very seriously. We all are either full time students or have full time jobs. We write because we love our Horned Frogs and want everyone in the world to know the TCU Horned Frogs.
Wasn't throwing shade at our folks (I was definitely throwing shade at the SMU dorks), just pointing out there's a difference between people that write for Sports Illustrated the magazine and fans that author web content under an SI fan page banner.

FrogCop19

Wait...are we still talking about SMU, or have we switched schools to uterus or aggy?

FrogCop19

Yeah, not disturbing, just delusional.

"We're serious! I wrote an ARTICLE on how serious I was! 50,000 people read it! If you haven't read the article, it's ok, I've written this article about how I wrote that article about how serious I was, and I've included that article I wrote in this article! SMU IS FOR REAL, AND I'M SERIOUS!!!!111!!!1!!eleventyone!!"

No Way Eye Roll GIF by ESPN