• The KillerFrogs

The Recruiting Thread

TronCarter

Since basketball has recruiting too...

10966537_10153070582464709_2041000262_n.jpg

Shut Down Frogs

I don't follow a ton of recruiting because a lot can happen between NSD and when you first see a kid's break out at the college level but...

Signing the fastest 100m kid in the country ALWAYS excites me. Speed kills and it's hard to train. 

Young and Horned

Just read article about Baron Browning on 247. I tried searching the threads, but did not find much about him on here. 

Anyone know whats up with him? Seems like a great athlete and top notch LB and we have that in with his dad. But no offer and he said TCU has shown little interest. 

jack the frog

Dogfrog said:
The highest level recruit is more than measurables and videos. There is an aspect of character, drive, and integrity that don't necessarily get factored into starsies.

Interesting take on that process discussed on by a top talent bug from Scout on Rivals radio. He was more specific than that. He said that starsies measure the pure physical characteristics and outside of that are not intended as a football success measure. They do not measure heart, honesty, work ethic, injury, degenerative disorders or whether or not a player may be thinking about quitting the sport or anything else.
The interesting thing was, this talk took place a few years back and was a segue from a conversation about the UT recruiting woes. The inference was that Mack was going down their list signing players.

Latest posts