• The KillerFrogs

The new Texas A&M coach is….

Toad Jones

If Sonny were gone, my pick for TCU from the bunch above would be Klieman. Then maybe Elko. Both have proven the ability to do more with less. TCU has better resources that KSU or Duke and is in a prime recruiting area.

It would be interesting to see what kind of talent Deion could bring to Fort Worth, though. Deion's biggest strength so far is recruiting. Aggy can get talent, but coaching that talent into a winner is their problem. No need for them to go after Deion.
Klieman is a man of strong integrity. He's not jumping ship for quite a while. He is w/o a doubt the best coach in the Big 12~!!!

Franklin of Penn State is an interesting thought. And no Urban will have to be satisfied as a talking head for a while. Traylor is another fascinating thought for A&M.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Jimmy Johnson's name came up? (Ha.. Brain fart) within hours, A&M would be favored to win the SEC the following year!

tmcats

Klieman is a man of strong integrity. He's not jumping ship for quite a while. He is w/o a doubt the best coach in the Big 12~!!!

Franklin of Penn State is an interesting thought. And no Urban will have to be satisfied as a talking head for a while. Traylor is another fascinating thought for A&M.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Jimmy Johnson's name came up? (Ha.. Brain fart)
klieman has turned down michigan state interests twice and nebraska this last go-around. he's a midwest guy. iowan. uni grad, player, and assitant coach. ndsu coach. k-state coach. catholic. i cannot fathom him going south.

but franklin, well he has a big ego and has coached in the sec successfully. he might fit well in college station. plus, he seems unlikely to break the ohio state/michigan b10 headlock while coaching psu.

Sangria Wine

not sure how one would come to that conclusion? aTm now has to deal with texas again. how has that gone over the decades? while dabo, well, he's been coaching a national championship program the past decade. your statement is classic texas big hat crapola.
Texas recruiting vs South Carolina recruiting

Texas A&M Football Revenues $85MM
Clemson Football Revenues $65MM

Alumni Base vs Alumni Base (As it relates to Overall Size, Financial Contribution, Attendance, etc)

Donor level vs donor level

SEC vs ACC

Explain to me how there is even a discussion above which job provides a better opportunity to succeed at the highest level. It’s not close in my view. Maybe I am just a Texas guy like you said, but don’t see how anybody can find a single line where Clemson is better than Aggie.

Hemingway

Alumni Base vs Alumni Base (As it relates to Overall Size, Financial Contribution, Attendance, etc)

SEC vs ACC

Explain to me how there is even a discussion above which job provides a better opportunity to succeed at the highest level. It’s not close in my view. Maybe I am just a Texas guy like you said, but don’t see how anybody can find a single line where Clemson is better than Aggie.
Quality of life. South Carolina is awesome and has some of the the best beaches in the US.

Casey T

SEC vs ACC

Here’s one - Clemson isn’t a cult

Here’s another - Clemson has won national championships recently. Aggie hasn’t even played in a good bowl game in forever

Look at quality football seasons in recent history - Clemson > a&m by a long shot

Sangria Wine

Boy oh boy the Aggie hate is strong which I know shouldn’t surprise me in this group. I get it. Clemson is a beautiful place…College Station is not. Game, set, match…Clemson for the win.

DeuceBoogieNights

but franklin, well he has a big ego and has coached in the sec successfully. he might fit well in college station. plus, he seems unlikely to break the ohio state/michigan b10 headlock while coaching psu.

I don't see Franklin leaving. With the 12 team playoff and Big 10 dropping divisions, those changes could benefit them greatly.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I don't see Franklin leaving. With the 12 team playoff and Big 10 dropping divisions, those changes could benefit them greatly.

He has proven time and again PSU can't beat the Big 2. Now there are 4 new teams, of which 3 are higher quality teams than the BiG mediocre teams. Does PSU make the top 12 if they come in third or worse in the BIG? If he could go to aTm and get a crazy Jimbo contract why wouldn't he?

tmcats

SEC vs ACC

a picture says a 1000 words.

staff-article-image.jpg

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
He has proven time and again PSU can't beat the Big 2. Now there are 4 new teams, of which 3 are higher quality teams than the BiG mediocre teams. Does PSU make the top 12 if they come in third or worse in the BIG? If he could go to aTm and get a crazy Jimbo contract why wouldn't he?
Two words, College and Station.

Frog Attack II

Who wouldn't want to coach in Colley hump station, have 1 good year, get paid over a hundred million in guaranteed $ , and then coast it to retirement? Sign me and any other coach in their 50's right up.

Sangria Wine

a picture says a 1000 words.

staff-article-image.jpg
Sure does, it says Dabo is a badass coach who was able to resurrect a pretty average relatively small university in the ACC into a national powerhouse. It doesn’t say that Clemson is a top 10 job. Hence the reason when Tommy Bowden resigned himself to avoid being fired the program ended up hiring Dabo to his first head coaching gig at any level. It’s a lot like our story here at TCU with GMFP…

Hemingway

Sure does, it says Dabo is a badass coach who was able to resurrect a pretty average relatively small university in the ACC into a national powerhouse. It doesn’t say that Clemson is a top 10 job. Hence the reason when Tommy Bowden resigned himself to avoid being fired the program ended up hiring Dabo to his first head coaching gig at any level. It’s a lot like our story here at TCU with GMFP…
Alright. Please list the top 10 jobs in ranking order.

Sangria Wine

Alright. Please list the top 10 jobs in ranking order.
I don’t know that the top ten is in any order…I’d suggest 10 and 1 are so nearly equal it’s not really meaningful. My basis is ease of which to recruit, size of fan base (lending to NIL possibilities), athletic department financial capacity, football tradition. That said in no particular order:
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Michigan
Texas
Texas A&M
Alabama
Georgia
USC
Florida
Oregon

Next 5:
LSU