• The KillerFrogs

The Jamie Dixon MBB Recruiting Thread

FrogLifeYo

A little surprised we offered Ahmed. Not a very impressive player in my opinion. He is a big body and can give us some defensive minutes but beyond that he offers very little. We will be very thin on the inside next year.

A little surprised we offered Ahmed. Not a very impressive player in my opinion. He is a big body and can give us some defensive minutes but beyond that he offers very little. We will be very thin on the inside next year.

This is a strange post. I'm not worried about his offense because I know CJD will employ Hamdy in the best ways to make the team better. I think we will be strong inside.

Hornedfrog431

Does Hamdy get 1 or 2 years?

I think this is a slam dunk move for us. Only uses up a scholarship for one year, helps us off the bench, gives us experience down low....very low risk especially with us being very young on the bench.

FrogLifeYo

This is a strange post. I'm not worried about his offense because I know CJD will employ Hamdy in the best ways to make the team better. I think we will be strong inside.

I had hoped we could find a grad transfer who could gives us points in the paint and could form a nice high/low partner with Vlad. I get that Hamdy fills a need and being a one and done he's almost no risk. I just think we needed a 12-15 minute guy and got a 5 minute guy. He'll help.

By the middle of the conference slate Vlad was getting double teamed every time he touched the rock. Thats going to come all year next season. We have no other bigs but Samuel who will be a true fresh and now Hamdy. Depth will be an issue for sure. I think it's a stretch to say will be strong inside. I do think we are tweener rich at the forward spot and that will help a ton. It should be a great year and I have complete faith in JD.

talor

I had hoped we could find a grad transfer who could gives us points in the paint and could form a nice high/low partner with Vlad. I get that Hamdy fills a need and being a one and done he's almost no risk. I just think we needed a 12-15 minute guy and got a 5 minute guy. He'll help.

By the middle of the conference slate Vlad was getting double teamed every time he touched the rock. Thats going to come all year next season. We have no other bigs but Samuel who will be a true fresh and now Hamdy. Depth will be an issue for sure. I think it's a stretch to say will be strong inside. I do think we are tweener rich at the forward spot and that will help a ton. It should be a great year and I have complete faith in JD.

Villanova plays small ball. It can work.

TCU_22

I think y'all are forgetting about Andre Pierce who is 6'10, he needs to add a little weight but he'll be able to give us quality minutes. That'll give us 4 true big guys in Vlad, Samuel, Pierce and Hamdy. Not to mention Jd Miller showed flashes of being able to play the 4 spot. That's just as much if not more depth than last year's team.

Genbukan

He's Chris Washburn 2.0 - he'll be our 3rd post usually only playing to give Vlad and Samuel a rest, or when they are in foul trouble. He's a big body and the jump hook seems to be the focus of his offensive game, again, much like Washburn.

He's basically our 13th player and he fills a need. If he can give us what Wash did this past year its a huge win for the program.

Purp

By the post season Vlad learned how to pass out of the double-team and our offense evolved to expose double-teams on Vlad to get easy buckets under the basket. I don't think we'll be seeing constant double-teams on Vlad all year. If we do, I think it will end up being to our advantage.

This will give the staff time to let Samuel grow up as he's have an adjustment coming from a private school. We really didn't play much high/low with Vlad and a forward, most of the time it was ARob who was at the foul line. I see Hamdy as a 10+ minute guy who would allow us to play Vlad at the four while he plays the five. What a matchup nightmare that could present. As another poster says the wildcard could be Pierce and where he plays. He is very versatile and we should be much deeper on the interior.

ScottPatrick

Possibly the biggest team in quite a while at TCU:

Kevin Samuel 6-10/220
Ahmed Hamdy-Mohamed 6-9/230
Andre Pierce 6-9/215
Vladimir Brodziansky 6-11/220
JD Miller 6-8/235
Kenrich Williams 6-7/210
Lat Mayen 6-7/190
Kouat Noi 6-7/205