• The KillerFrogs

The Comeback: CFB world reacts to questionable TCU hire

Mean Purple

ESPN absolutely does not want a small school without a very very large fan base to crash their god almighty club. Not one blow back on his hire at Houston or elsewhere only TCU. Open your eyes. Chris Childers on ESPN's full ride proclaimed TCU had no business in the playoffs this year. Not a mention of the win over Michigan. I believe they are told what to say by ESPN. The cartel that is college football will continue to be the blue blood programs until schools like TCU continue winning something they will try to stop at all costs
I like full ride, but Childers is orange line stupid at times in what he says. Including what you reported him saying and other things. He was ready to call the win for Michigan the next biz day after we were named for the CFP.

Mean Purple

As others have mentioned, other schools that hired him were not so criticized. And you do have to be foolish to think this is not in part about "keep the little guys down and protect the blue bloods" agenda. We saw that when ESPN handed Herbstreit a line about how we could not hang with the BIG 10 and we had just beat their champs a week earlier. Kirby's face when he realized what they were priming him to say and how it was against recent facts pretty much revealed it.

Those other schools hired him also when they did not have as many wins. So they were not being viewed as much as we have been this year. TCU Admin should have kept that thought in mind. Maybe they did, maybe the did not.

Regardless, those who say it won't be a pr hit are not paying attention. The very fact that articles are being posted showing folks critical of the hire, shows it is a PR hit. Now we have to ride that out and not compound it. Perhaps the photo of tapefingers on a jet was not a good social media strategy.

nwlafrog

No. You are dead wrong here. The difference is CSD wouldn’t have enough goodwill to make this hire.

I hope all the CSD/KB defenders are right & this works out. This is definitely a high risk/high reward play.
High risk/high reward is basically defining CSD and his coaching style. Seemed to work well this season.

TCURiggs

I think some of you don't realize how little most people outside of TCU and FW care about TCU. Y'all see blowback and a PR hit because we look at all things TCU, but most CFB fans don't care (or even know) about this. This is a blip on the radar at the national level and a group of our own fans are the only one's that are making a big deal out of it. It'll get a little coverage and be done with.

Like other's have said, KB is/was pretty highly coveted as an OC and lots of schools (and their fan bases) wanted to hire him. Hell, my neighborhood OU buddies have been talking about how great of a hire it is, Arkansas fans wanted to keep him, Miss St fans wanted to hire him, etc...

Mean Purple

High risk/high reward is basically defining CSD and his coaching style. Seemed to work well this season.
meh, our kids never giving up and pulling off heroic come from behind wins worked well. now some of that is his coaching, but his style put us in some serious holes in quite a few games. how much of the comebacks where also due to his style v the kids ballout mentallity, well, I guess we'll see over the next two seasons.

Mean Purple

I think some of you don't realize how little most people outside of TCU and FW care about TCU. Y'all see blowback and a PR hit because we look at all things TCU, but most CFB fans don't care (or even know) about this. This is a blip on the radar at the national level and a group of our own fans are the only one's that are making a big deal out of it. It'll get a little coverage and be done with.

Like other's have said, KB is/was pretty highly coveted as an OC and lots of schools (and their fan bases) wanted to hire him. Hell, my neighborhood OU buddies have been talking about how great of a hire it is, Arkansas fans wanted to keep him, Miss St fans wanted to hire him, etc...
a lot of arkansas fans wanted him gone. they had some games where there was just some screwy play calling. not that those games would have been won, but ark fans were not as behind him as some here want to claim. I spend a lot of time up there. It was getting to circle the firing squad vs the wagons time up there. (which is not a new thing for that fanbase). The Buzz became unlistenable due to those calling in. It was like they highjacked finebaum callers ... from when he was local in Bama.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Wouldn’t really call it CFB world when you have 2 tweets about it from local guys. I’m sure there’s others that tweeted something, lazy journalism as always
These people will wring the clicks out of this story in a few days. Soon the only folks who give a damn will be on this board, whipping our arses with the stuff long after everyone else has moved far, far along

Frog-in-law1995

a lot of arkansas fans wanted him gone. they had some games where there was just some screwy play calling. not that those games would have been won, but ark fans were not as behind him as some here want to claim. I spend a lot of time up there. It was getting to circle the firing squad vs the wagons time up there. (which is not a new thing for that fanbase). The Buzz became unlistenable due to those calling in. It was like they highjacked finebaum callers ... from when he was local in Bama.
They went from 120 in total offense before he arrived to 65, 28 and 15 (12 spots high than us) in his three years in Fayetteville. The only Arky fans that wanted him gone are the REALLY stupid ones.