• The KillerFrogs

Ten team Big 12 preferred by UT

ms19

Had they done this in the beginning Pitt and Syracuse would still be in the Big East. Had the Big 12 not started this stuff last year the MWC probably would still have TCU Boise BYU and Utah (bcs). Awesome

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Do not trust a thing that this snake utters. This is, after all, the guy who created the BIG XII.

I guess 10 just wasn't good enough, then...

Gawd! The quotes from this press conference should have had the reporters roaring with laughter...

TCURiggs

I'm not nearly as sure as some of you are that BYU would accept a Big XII invite. Keep in mind, they're a little bit greedy (and crazy) as well, and they also have their own network to deal with.

cdsfrog

I'm not nearly as sure as some of you are that BYU would accept a Big XII invite. Keep in mind, they're a little bit greedy (and crazy) as well, and they also have their own network to deal with.

Not only that, Dodds is the only one that doesnt want to consider 12.

10 is not stable. 12 isnt perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better.

Thought it was interesting he even said he'd be OK with 9. Thought the TV contract had to have 10 or something. Could mean if they lose Mizzou, they add BYU and stop there.

Anyway, this is good news all around for the BE.

Now we'll have to wait for the SEC. Worst case is they take WVU, but it appears they may have an uphill battle to get in.

If they can add Army, Navy and AFA for next year they could get a championship game going for 2012 and 2013 while Pitt and Syracuse are still in the league. Then they can decide on who the best two replacements might be.

That would make a league like this for 2012/3

TCU
AFA
Army
Navy
Pitt
Syracuse

WVU
Louisville
Cincy
USF
Rutgers
UConn

Would be nice for a couple of years, at least.

Texas Bear

This is what I have been hearing as well.... Most Baylor folks feel that if we do not return to 12 teams and just stay at 10 then we will be doing
this whole painfully drama all over again in 5 years. We need to go to 12 and TCU along with BYU and some one else needs to be it.

TCUSA

Why the hell does anybody listen to this idiot? OK-so his school makes millions. SO WHAT? He doesn't rule college athletics--he's ONE VOTE from ONE SCHOOL and lies every time he opens his mouth. Why would anyone give him anything but a swift kick in the [Craig James]? Let him take UT indy. Let him try to dictate to the other 130 schools what they are going to do. Then put him in a straight jacket and give him a quick trip to the loony bin where he belongs.

SuperToad

UT =
Baby-Cry.gif

FROGDADDY

We need to go to 12 and TCU along with BYU and some one else needs to be it.

I'm gonna say not happening since apparently we're somewhere behind Midway HS on UT's list of acceptable candidates. Until you guys find a way to get unhooked from the leashes Dodds has all of you chained to things will NEVER change.

I'm gonna say not happening since apparently we're somewhere behind Midway HS on UT's list of acceptable candidates. Until you guys find a way to get unhooked from the leashes Dodds has all of you chained to things will NEVER change.
I'm a Midway grad and I can guarantee you we deliver the Woodway/Hewitt TV market.

Deep Purple

Promotion-to-spend-on-bingo-80.gif

1. BYU is used to being one of the big dogs in every conference they've been a member of. Would they be satisfied perpetually living under the overlordship of UT and OU? Seriously doubt it.

2. One of the gripes BYU had with the MWC was revenue. They felt that, because of their TV draw, they deserved a bigger share than most of the rest. Doubt they would accept any Big 12 revenue share that doesn't place them up there with UT and OU among the "have's." Would UT and OU be willing to concede that? Again, seriously doubt it -- at least on UT's part.

geefrogs

Red flag why we dont want to join the Big 12:

Every commentary on what the Big 12 thinks is represented by......DeLoss Dodds. I dont hear Beebe, I dont hear any other ADs stepping up and saying anything about the future of the Big 12.

Dodds and UT are the Big 12. Now until it finally self-destructs.

No thanks.

berryfrog95

It may be a fight for AirForce if BYU says no? I guess if BYU says 'no' then Big 12 goes after who?

I mean, there is no-one else to target {of course TCU is the obvious}.... (unless they go to 12), then it's L'ville, USF, WVU, Cincy, TCU

We can blame TU and ND for the move by Syracuse and Pitt, in my opinion....TU mostly, b/c they started the earthquake AGAIN!